Does anyone see anything strange with the socket 1155

Buddy Norman

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
Hello, I just installed the Core i5 2500k into the socket 1155 on my new ASUS MB and it seems that it didn't actually plug into anything. Just sort of lays there on top of copper brush. Will this work ok?

Solution
Thats how it's suppose to be. Align the the CPU guide notches, gently place the CPU into the socket and close/lock the loading plate. When you put the loading arm down you might hear a crunching noise, thats ok. That noise is just the CPU being pushed to make contact with socket pins.

as a pc tech for awile the new 1155 are a lot better then the older 775 chips with the longer copper pins..i used to see a lot of people bend those long pins on an install.

cuecuemore

Distinguished
Was there no retention bracket? You don't need one (had to take mine off to get my cooler to seat) but it can help depending on the situation. You can keep the CPU strapped in using the HSF, bottom line is if it's running and you're not getting freeze/shutdowns, then you're good to go.

Anonymous_26

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
Thats how it's suppose to be. Align the the CPU guide notches, gently place the CPU into the socket and close/lock the loading plate. When you put the loading arm down you might hear a crunching noise, thats ok. That noise is just the CPU being pushed to make contact with socket pins.

Solution

Buddy Norman

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
Thanks fellas.! All the answers were good, and there wasn't any sarcasm. Just good people with good answers. As for the AMD comment by amuffin, I agree. I will not build around one of those things. Nothing but trouble.