Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Good Entry Level Sound Card

Last response: in Components
April 13, 2012 5:07:26 AM

Hi, all.

I'm looking for some advice on a good sound card for around $60 max. I'm looking for a simple PCI interface, 5.1 audio or above, and an internal header for my front audio ports. I haven't really done any research into audio, I completely disregarded it when I built this machine. Honestly I haven't really cared about it up until now. I just get more stuck up about PC's as time goes on. I've started noticed some static in the sound, bad bass, other crap like that. Realtek...

Best solution

April 13, 2012 6:02:08 AM

I hate to say it but for $60 max I would stick with your onboard sound. At $75 it starts to make sense. For $75 I would go with the "HT | OMEGA STRIKER 7.1" found here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
April 13, 2012 3:15:09 PM

The ASUS Xonar DX is considered the best of the entry level soundcards, and is typically handing around the $75 mark now. Problem is, its PCI-E. The older ASUS Xonar D1 or HT Omega Striker have a very simmilar feature set though, but those tend to cost a bit more due to lack of supply.
m
l
Related resources
April 13, 2012 10:50:03 PM

Alright guys, thanks for the advice! It's hard to choose a best answer because they were virtually the same. I think I'll go with Idonno.
m
l
April 13, 2012 10:50:14 PM

Best answer selected by UncleJehmimah.
m
l
!