Good Entry Level Sound Card

Tags:
  • Sound Cards
  • Audio
  • Components
Last response: in Components
April 13, 2012 5:07:26 AM

Hi, all.

I'm looking for some advice on a good sound card for around $60 max. I'm looking for a simple PCI interface, 5.1 audio or above, and an internal header for my front audio ports. I haven't really done any research into audio, I completely disregarded it when I built this machine. Honestly I haven't really cared about it up until now. I just get more stuck up about PC's as time goes on. I've started noticed some static in the sound, bad bass, other crap like that. Realtek...

More about : good entry level sound card

Best solution

April 13, 2012 6:02:08 AM

I hate to say it but for $60 max I would stick with your onboard sound. At $75 it starts to make sense. For $75 I would go with the "HT | OMEGA STRIKER 7.1" found here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
April 13, 2012 3:15:09 PM

The ASUS Xonar DX is considered the best of the entry level soundcards, and is typically handing around the $75 mark now. Problem is, its PCI-E. The older ASUS Xonar D1 or HT Omega Striker have a very simmilar feature set though, but those tend to cost a bit more due to lack of supply.
m
l
Related resources
April 13, 2012 10:50:03 PM

Alright guys, thanks for the advice! It's hard to choose a best answer because they were virtually the same. I think I'll go with Idonno.
m
l
April 13, 2012 10:50:14 PM

Best answer selected by UncleJehmimah.
m
l
!