Sign in with
Your question

Sabertooth z77 good for overclocking???(i7-3770K)

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Overclocking
  • Sabertooth
  • Intel i7
  • Product
Last response: in Motherboards
February 21, 2013 3:42:52 PM

Hi all, I just bought the Sabertooth z77 late last night, got it for 10 buck off from newegg. I have a i7-3770K

Question i have for you is it a good MOBO for OC'ing? I read it doesn't have the auto tune feature that other asus models do. Should I cancel the order and get a different board?

I don't want to spend more that what the sabertooth cost, I am new so any help would be great!

Thanks!

More about : sabertooth z77 good overclocking 3770k

February 21, 2013 4:28:44 PM

Anything?? Im new to OC'ing any advice would help!
m
l
February 21, 2013 5:15:42 PM

Auto tune is oftentimes an afterthought and not a good means of overclocking.

You'll be able to manually overclock it quite easily. Just ensure you've got a cooler to handle the extra heat.
m
l
Related resources
February 23, 2013 8:35:53 PM

it's a very easy motherboard to overclock on. what are you looking for in GHz? I set my ram to XMP instead of auto and you can easily overclock in BIOS.
m
l
February 23, 2013 9:54:00 PM

japps2 said:
it's a very easy motherboard to overclock on. what are you looking for in GHz? I set my ram to XMP instead of auto and you can easily overclock in BIOS.

Well GHz wise I am not really sure, I just picked up my i7-3770K from Micro Center today. I would at least like to get it to 4.2 but I am limited by my cooler.

I bought this cooler on sale for 45 out the door: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835106150

And I was think about getting this ram: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231455

I m a Computer Science major and my school requires us to work with the engineers (since were both in the college of engineering) and so I run MatLab, Solid Works and other pretty heavy programs that are made by me and my CS team.

Let me know watcha think! Thanks!
m
l
!