Projection TVs and PS2

Just bought a PS2 and have it hooked up to a fairly new Sony projection
TV. How much danger is there of burning the image into the TV? The
games all have warnings about it, but the TV directions do not
specifically address video games. Any precautions to take, or is it
better to just avoid playing on a projection TV?

Let me just add that I do play mostly sports games, with static images
like scores and logos. I don't play THAT long on any one game- at most
an hour or two at a time. And even then, I will occasionally switch
the TV back to a broadcast signal for a few seconds or switch the
"wide" mode so that the static images are briefly moved to a different
part of the screen. Combine this with turning down the contrast and
brightness, and I hope that I won't have a problem.

Played on a Hitachi 57 rear projection tv for 3 years with no problems.
Like you mentioned, keep the contrast to a minimum and you'll be fine.
I played racing, fighting and sports games for hours on end without any
problems.

"jnjmitch" <jnjmitch@swbell.net> wrote in message
> Just bought a PS2 and have it hooked up to a fairly new Sony projection
> TV. How much danger is there of burning the image into the TV? The
> games all have warnings about it, but the TV directions do not
> specifically address video games. Any precautions to take, or is it
> better to just avoid playing on a projection TV?

Just don't go on 10 hour gaming sessions with the same static image there.
It also helps to adjust your brightness and contrast. There are some
burn-in FAQ's at http://www.hdtvarcade.com

"Ollie T" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message

> "jnjmitch" <jnjmitch@swbell.net> wrote in message
>> Just bought a PS2 and have it hooked up to a fairly new Sony projection
>> TV. How much danger is there of burning the image into the TV? The
>> games all have warnings about it, but the TV directions do not
>> specifically address video games. Any precautions to take, or is it
>> better to just avoid playing on a projection TV?
>>
> Just don't go on 10 hour gaming sessions with the same static image there.
> It also helps to adjust your brightness and contrast. There are some
> burn-in FAQ's at http://www.hdtvarcade.com

I can't wait until LCoS TVs become widely available--sharper and much
cheaper than plasma, and no burn-in. There are a few out now but I think
they are really still in the beta stage.