On my computer, not the one I am currently on, I was trying to download the newest driver software for my Video Card. I have a Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 and was told to delete my current driver software that was on my computer first before I downloaded it because they can interfere with one another.. Well I did so and now it is very clear that my computer is no longer running a graphics card and when I go to download the new software, It tells me that it cannot read my hardware. How can I fix this? Help me please!
for nvidia driver uninstalls / new installs i usually follow this process, you shouldnt encounter any problems but if you are unsure about any step, shout up:
1. uninstall 3d drivers and physx via control panel/uninstall program
2. delete certain Nvidia folders in windows explorer (which folders will depend on your OS version)
3. device manager - uninstall GTX 460 drivers
4. reboot in safemode and run driversweep to remove traces of nvidia drivers left over
5. optional - i run cccleaner at this stage to remove crap from recycle bin
6. reboot in normal mode and install new driver