FX-6300 and ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 Not posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeester

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013
Hello, My FX6300 and Motherboard aren't posting on my external build. Whenever I power on the motherboard, all I see are the power led and the CPU_LED, which indicates something is wrong with the CPU. I have no idea what's wrong with it though, since I made sure I installed it correctly and plugged in the 8-pin CPU connector along with the cpu fan. I have taken ESD precautions and also saw none of the CPU's pins are bent.

Any idea what's going on?

Here is the link to my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/EGUr

yeester

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013
Alright it turns out that the BIOS needed an update, so I updated the BIOS by using the flashback utility. It looks like it updated successfully, because the manual describes how the updating process goes, but I still have the same error :(

yeester

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013
I'll try do to that again tomorrow morning. I just grabbed a USB drive I had lying around, renamed it as 99XEVOR2.CAP, and plugged it in the flashback port. Is it necessary to have it FAT formatted? I just had the CAP file on the root of the USB drive

yeester

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013
Alright, so I updated the BIOS using the FAT32 formatted drive, and I get the same results. Then I tried with only CPU and CPU fan installed, same results. That CPU led just won't go away. I think I'm going to get Asus or NCIX to RMA the motherboard. I'm fairly sure nothing is wrong with the CPU and the motherboard is just faulty. Thanks for trying to help!

Status
Not open for further replies.