Powercolor 1GB 6870 & GA-G31M-S2L

TK31

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
Hi, I have a Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L motherboard with firmware F10f which is PCI-e v1.1, and according to a lot of posts the 6870 v2.1 card should work with no problems. But what I get is nothing, with the monitor not even responding on any ports of the graphics card. The card's fan is running so it must mean its not lack of power (I have a CoolerMaster Extreme Power Duo 650W).

I plan to upgrade to an AMD Phenom II x6 1055T 2.8ghz in a month or two with a Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard which should support this card no worries, but I bought this card first with the intention of using it a bit on this machine first.

Is there any possibly way I could get this card to work? it seems to have worked with a few others from what I googled.

TK31

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
Yep I had both PCI-Express external power plugs inserted properly and the card seated fully in the slot.

The F10f firmware is the most recent one released in 2009.

i got the card to work, but its on a knife's edge. If I remove and replace the card again to move some things in my computer, It doesnt work, and requires hours and hours of trying to seat it properly in the slot and pulling out and pushing the power plugs back in for it to work again.