Sir.
I have recently built my PC with following configuration:
-ASUS P8Z68 –M Pro motherboard
-intel i7 2600K Sandy bridge CPU
-8GB corsair 1600 Mhz DDR3 RAM
-MSI R6670 MDIGD5 GRAPHIC CARD with 1GB video memory and Dx 11 capable
-650 watt Cooler master power supply
-Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
I have monitor attached to graphic card.
Problem:

1. I downloaded the Processor Graphic driver from itel site BUT If I try installing the driver for Processor Graphics of i7 2600K the message comes “ This computer does not meet the minimum requirement for installing the software” and I am not able to install the driver.
So how to install intel Hd graphic driver? my computer is all advanced one.
THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ALL.
a c 203 à CPUs
April 13, 2012 12:55:51 PM

Hello pramodthdc;

Got a link to the driver that you downloaded?
a c 283 à CPUs
April 13, 2012 1:27:39 PM

Is the IGP enabled in the BIOS? I see that you have a dedicated GPU, so that's why I ask. It won't let you install the drivers if the IGP isn't enabled, and since you have a dedicated card, you might not have had a reason to enable it.
Related resources
April 13, 2012 2:04:55 PM

WR2 said:
Hello pramodthdc;

Got a link to the driver that you downloaded?

I downloaded the driver from http://downloadcenter.intel.com/
Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows 7* 64 (zip)
April 13, 2012 2:09:43 PM

DJDeCiBeL said:
Is the IGP enabled in the BIOS? I see that you have a dedicated GPU, so that's why I ask. It won't let you install the drivers if the IGP isn't enabled, and since you have a dedicated card, you might not have had a reason to enable it.

Hi Dear
If I enable iGPU in BIOS , the system doesnt boot at all.
a c 283 à CPUs
April 13, 2012 2:14:25 PM

pramodthdc said:
Hi Dear
If I enable iGPU in BIOS , the system doesnt boot at all.

Hmmm, that's very strange. Well, as I said, the iGPU HAS to be enabled for the drivers to install. Otherwise, Windows (and the drivers) won't even know it's there.
April 13, 2012 2:34:04 PM

Take out your video card and connect your monitor cable to the onboard one. Turn on your pc and see if you get anything on your monitor.
a c 283 à CPUs
April 13, 2012 2:36:56 PM

Just did a quick Google search, and I can't seem to find anyone else not being able to enable the iGPU, even with a dedicated card, with that board, so I honestly have no idea why you can't. Hopefully someone else here has an answer for you.
April 13, 2012 3:10:21 PM

DJDeCiBeL said:
Just did a quick Google search, and I can't seem to find anyone else not being able to enable the iGPU, even with a dedicated card, with that board, so I honestly have no idea why you can't. Hopefully someone else here has an answer for you.

Dear Sir
It is probably because I am not able to install driver for Processor Graphics of i7 2600K.The message comes “ This computer does not meet the minimum requirement for installing the software” One more thing- I was going through instructions on how to install1. SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

1. The system must contain one of the
following Intel(R) Processors:

* 2nd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 processor
* 2nd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 processor
* 2nd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 vPro(TM) processor
* 2nd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 processor
* 2nd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 vPro(TM) processor

2. The software should be installed on
systems with at least 1 GB of system
memory.

3. There should be sufficient hard disk
space in the <TEMP> directory on the
system in order to install this
software.
I meet 1 and 2 criterias. But no idea about 3.
Now tell me if u have any idea about that.
April 13, 2012 3:13:11 PM

hefox said:
Take out your video card and connect your monitor cable to the onboard one. Turn on your pc and see if you get anything on your monitor.

I tried the same but no graphics came to monitor ( Blank).
It is probably because I am not able to install driver for Processor Graphics of i7 2600K.The message comes “ This computer does not meet the minimum requirement for installing the software”
Now how to install Processor Graphic?
a c 188 à CPUs
April 13, 2012 3:26:37 PM

As a general rule Intel® Drivers are designed for Intel Boards we don't release drivers for Asus, Gigabyte etc. systems. If you want to update the drivers for the IGP on the Asus P8Z68-M Pro you would download the them from Asus. http://usa.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8Z6... which does include updated driver for the Intel HD Graphics.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team
April 13, 2012 3:26:59 PM

You don't need any driver when your pc is booting. It should just work. Even with windows, it should just work even if it doesn't know what video card is. Also make sure your reset all your settings in bios or do a cmos reset. Have you checked your bios version? Check if you have a newer version available.
April 13, 2012 3:42:42 PM

IntelEnthusiast said:
As a general rule Intel® Drivers are designed for Intel Boards we don't release drivers for Asus, Gigabyte etc. systems. If you want to update the drivers for the IGP on the Asus P8Z68-M Pro you would download the them from Asus. http://usa.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8Z6... which does include updated driver for the Intel HD Graphics.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

Sir , I have tried installing driver from Intel and driver downloaded from ASUS both. I have updated the latest BIOS also But every time I try to install the processor graphic driver the message comes"This computer does not meet the minimum requirement for installing the software” and I am not able to install the driver.
One more thing- I was going through instructions on how to install1. SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

1. The system must contain one of the
following Intel(R) Processors:

* 2nd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 processor
* 2nd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 processor
* 2nd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 vPro(TM) processor
* 2nd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 processor
* 2nd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 vPro(TM) processor

2. The software should be installed on
systems with at least 1 GB of system
memory.

3. There should be sufficient hard disk
space in the <TEMP> directory on the
system in order to install this
software.
I meet 1 and 2 criterias. But no idea about 3.

Now tell me if u have any idea about that.

April 13, 2012 3:48:40 PM

Like I said before. When you start your pc, you don't need any driver and it should just work. If it doesn't work, then it has be something wrong with your bios settings, your motherboard or your proc. Reset your cmos and try to run with rig without the video card. Use only the onboard one.
a b à CPUs
April 13, 2012 4:05:20 PM

If you have a discrete GPU, the 6670, why on earth would you want to install the absolute crap Intel integrated graphics?
a b à CPUs
April 13, 2012 5:29:52 PM

1. You do NOT need the driver you downloaded, for anything, period, delete it and forget about it. Even if you did want to use the integrated graphics (and there is no reason if you have a dedicated GPU) you still do NOT NEED THAT DRIVER. your integrated graphics will work perfectly fine without it, if they do not, you have something set incorrectly in your BIOS.
2. Put your dedicated graphic card back in and install the correct driver for it.
3. Use computer, be happy.
April 14, 2012 12:35:01 AM

jitpublisher said:
1. You do NOT need the driver you downloaded, for anything, period, delete it and forget about it. Even if you did want to use the integrated graphics (and there is no reason if you have a dedicated GPU) you still do NOT NEED THAT DRIVER. your integrated graphics will work perfectly fine without it, if they do not, you have something set incorrectly in your BIOS.
2. Put your dedicated graphic card back in and install the correct driver for it.
3. Use computer, be happy.

:hello:  You are right sir
But I wantwed to have full use of i7 2600k graphic and installed dedicated graphic card through LUCID VIRTU technology.
Any way , as I m not able to install processor graphic , i have to settle with card's graphic only.
April 14, 2012 9:23:20 AM

vrumor said:
If you have a discrete GPU, the 6670, why on earth would you want to install the absolute crap Intel integrated graphics?

:hello:  You are right. but i wanted to have advantage of processor graphics and GPU card graphics through LUCID VIRTU technology.
a c 203 à CPUs
April 14, 2012 9:33:18 AM

pramodthdc said:
Any way , as I m not able to install processor graphic , i have to settle with card's graphic only.
Wait. You're saying there is NO graphics driver installed at all for HD 3000 graphics?
We all thought you were just trying to updated the currently installed HD 3000 driver.

The HD 3000 Graphics driver is included in Windows 7.
If there is an updated driver out Windows 7 should offer to install that driver for you when you run Windows Update.
So you should be able to use LUCID VIRTU if you want.

No, when you inspected Device Manager did you notice the graphics driver missing? Can you post a screenshot showing that?
a c 203 à CPUs
April 14, 2012 9:39:35 AM

If you have no driver installed you should be seeing a yellow or red warning symbol on the Display Adapters listing for Intel HD Graphics Family.
If you inspect the properties you should be able to tell which driver is installed.

a c 283 à CPUs
April 14, 2012 9:40:54 AM

WR2 said:
Wait. You're saying there is NO graphics driver installed at all for HD 3000 graphics?
We all thought you were just trying to updated the currently installed HD 3000 driver.

The HD 3000 Graphics driver is included in Windows 7.
If there is an updated driver out Windows 7 should offer to install that driver for you when you run Windows Update.
So you should be able to use LUCID VIRTU if you want.

No, when you inspected Device Manager did you notice the graphics driver missing? Can you post a screenshot showing that?

He can't install the driver (and Windows would never have installed it either), since he can't enable the iGPU in the BIOS.

For what it's worth, I have a regular ATX version of that board (P8Z68-V LE, as you can see in my sig banner) with an Asus GTX 560 OC, and I can enable the iGPU with no issues. I don't really use Virtu much, but I have, and it worked flawlessly for me when I've tried it to test out Quick Sync.
April 14, 2012 2:06:23 PM

DJDeCiBeL said:
He can't install the driver (and Windows would never have installed it either), since he can't enable the iGPU in the BIOS.

For what it's worth, I have a regular ATX version of that board (P8Z68-V LE, as you can see in my sig banner) with an Asus GTX 560 OC, and I can enable the iGPU with no issues. I don't really use Virtu much, but I have, and it worked flawlessly for me when I've tried it to test out Quick Sync.

Sir U are right. I cant install the HD 3000 graphic at all. Display adopter in Device manager is showing only - AMD Radeon HD 6600 Series only.
No Intel HD 3000.
I am unable to post the screen shot. Its not inserting. I tried.
April 16, 2012 9:18:16 AM

I am having the identical issue with my brand new build.
Intel i7-2600k
Asus p8 z68-v pro/gen 3 mobo
16 gb ram (corsair vengeance-only 8 gb working)

I plugged my monitor into the discrete graphics card on initial POST...I thought that was why I couldn't use the integrated graphics (Virtu, Quicksync will not install

)...I am waiting for new ram as I did a memtest that showed lots of errors, and had multiple issues just getting this machine to post...see my other thread in memory...

There is a software program available from intel to test your CPU. --Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool--I ran it and it said my cpu is fine. Does anyone know if that is a reliable test?

I do have some concerns about this mobo.

I heard that the integrated graphics had some great features for using the hyperthreading of the cpu, which was why I bought this board.

I have not yet tried to reset the CMOS and plug the monitor into the mobo, but the computer will not use the graphics right now if I switch from my graphics card, I just get a blank screen. I also get the same message as the original poster on this thread when I try to install the intel graphics drivers (that this computer does not have the proper resources) So, there are at least two of us heere with the same problem. :whistle: 
a c 283 à CPUs
April 16, 2012 9:44:04 AM

Visualiser said:
I am having the identical issue with my brand new build.
Intel i7-2600k
Asus p8 z68-v pro/gen 3 mobo
16 gb ram (corsair vengeance-only 8 gb working)

I plugged my monitor into the discrete graphics card on initial POST...I thought that was why I couldn't use the integrated graphics (Virtu, Quicksync will not install

)...I am waiting for new ram as I did a memtest that showed lots of errors, and had multiple issues just getting this machine to post...see my other thread in memory...

There is a software program available from intel to test your CPU. --Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool--I ran it and it said my cpu is fine. Does anyone know if that is a reliable test?

I do have some concerns about this mobo.

I heard that the integrated graphics had some great features for using the hyperthreading of the cpu, which was why I bought this board.

I have not yet tried to reset the CMOS and plug the monitor into the mobo, but the computer will not use the graphics right now if I switch from my graphics card, I just get a blank screen. I also get the same message as the original poster on this thread when I try to install the intel graphics drivers (that this computer does not have the proper resources) So, there are at least two of us heere with the same problem. :whistle: 

Are you also unable to enable the iGPU in the BIOS like the OP (won't boot if enabled)? It HAS to be enabled for the Intel drivers to install. Personally, I can have the iGPU enabled and use my discreet card with no issues on my P8Z68-V LE with a 2500K. The Intel HD drivers install with no issues and Virtu works flawlessly as well. I'm wondering if this may not be an i7 2600K problem with Asus mobos. The problem with that is that I've only seen the two issues reported here saying it's a problem.
April 17, 2012 4:02:18 AM

Igpu is not even an available option in my Bios- only Auto, PCI-E or PCI. Not integrated graphics at all.

I thought that was because I had the discrete graphics installed with the monitor plugged in to it on initial post.

On Wednesday the new ram will be here so I,m going to reset the CMOS and remove the discrete graphics and see if it will work. Was OP saying that they already tried that with no effect?
a c 283 à CPUs
April 17, 2012 4:09:37 AM

Quote:
Was OP saying that they already tried that with no effect?

I'm not sure about that part, but from what I understand, he has the option available (iGPU Multi-Monitor), he just can't enable it because it won't boot with it enabled (which doesn't make any sense to me, since I've never heard of that happening, but I can't disprove it either).

Edit: After looking back over the thread, I don't think he ever tried to clear the CMOS. He never explicitly said he did anyway.
April 17, 2012 1:42:29 PM

DJDeCiBeL said:
Quote:
Was OP saying that they already tried that with no effect?

I'm not sure about that part, but from what I understand, he has the option available (iGPU Multi-Monitor), he just can't enable it because it won't boot with it enabled (which doesn't make any sense to me, since I've never heard of that happening, but I can't disprove it either).

Edit: After looking back over the thread, I don't think he ever tried to clear the CMOS. He never explicitly said he did anyway.

Sir I did clear the CMOS. Today again I tried. I again first enabled i mode in BIOS. Then saved. then Exit. Then I switched off comp. Disconnected power. Then I connected monitor to video out (DVI) of mobo. .Then I connected power - switch on the computer. - RAM beep came but no graphic - no boot.
a c 283 à CPUs
April 17, 2012 1:57:22 PM

OK, try this, if you haven't already. Set "Initiate Graphic Adapter" to "PCIe/PCI" and "iGPU Multi-Monitor" to "Enabled". That's exactly how I have mine setup currently, and it works perfectly (HD Graphics driver installs and Virtu installs and works like it should). Make sure to have the monitor plugged into the discreet card for Virtu d-Mode (which is recommended).
a b à CPUs
April 17, 2012 2:46:40 PM

Rather than doing the clear CMOS, try selecting "used Optimized default settings" in Bios.
Then try installing the monitor on the iGPU and see if you get a display when posting. If you do then let compute complete post and see if windows will load and install the HD3000 driver.

As DJDeCiBeL stated This is NOT a windows problem If you can not Post with Monitor attached to the iGPU back pannel connector. It is One of two problems:
1 - Incorrect settings in Bios, or
2 - defective MB.

@ Visualiser
NEVER EVER (A) Update Bios or (B) load windows without FIRST verifing your memory is error Free.
April 17, 2012 4:39:07 PM

Thank you all for your help.

I did try both clearing the Cmos and removing my video card, AnD setting the bios to optimised defaults...but there is no igpu option with any of those actions implemented.

Is it possible that once I get the ram replaced it might work? Or should I begin the RMA process on this mobo?If anyone has any other ideas I'm all ears!

That said, what mobo would you-all recommend that would have the same options as this one? (usb 3.0 front port, sata 6x4 (again theoretically as I've heard the Marvell ports don't work)....

My new ram is supposed to get here today. I screwed up when ordering though, intended to go with a crucial 1333, but accidentally ordered 1600-another recent Intel Snafu where I understand they're saying that using anything above 1333 voids thier warranty.

Love and light to you all.
a c 283 à CPUs
April 17, 2012 11:46:28 PM

Quote:
another recent Intel Snafu where I understand they're saying that using anything above 1333 voids thier warranty.

Just using faster memory doesn't automatically void the warranty. Most people with a 2500K/2600K/2700K on this forum use 1600 or above RAM, as far as I've seen, so a ton of people would be screwed, if that was the case. Using RAM above 1.5V, however, DOES apparently void the warranty.
April 18, 2012 1:13:30 AM

Thank you for that....what about removing the stock thermal pastev from the stock cpu cooler?

Anyhow, i called Asus tech support & they said the graphics problem sounds hardware related and recommended that i RMA the board. I hope the OP is still within the return period for thier board.

Any recommondations on a good, stable z68 mobo? i'm looking at hte sabertooth z77 besause in addition to the features offered on the board I have to return, it also has a displayport port. i really was wanting that.
a b à CPUs
April 18, 2012 2:25:13 AM

DJDeCiBeL
Ref: "Just using faster memory doesn't automatically void the warranty. "
There have been at least two or three posts on this. In one the Individual was told that both voided the warrentee. In another the person was trying to RMA his CPU and was questioned about both.

With SB the Memory controller is on-die. You hose the memory controller and it's intels product where as it use to be the MB's product.

The Voltage level is easy to understand as 1.5 V is max Vcore so the 1.5 ± 5% VDimm. The freq is not readily apparent. The IC (cpu) has a reactive resistance. When Freq goes up the Impeadance goes down. this causes the current to increase. Intel has basically stated that the standard is 1333, if you want to increase Ram Freq, either by upping the voltage or buying 1.5 V ram at higher freq you do it on your dime.
Their backdoor is they provide a OC warrantee ($25 for i5-2500k) which gives you a one time pass on CPU RMA with no questions asked - even covers Vcore above 1.5 V.
NOTE: Rational for Freq is a "Logical" assumption - So a quess on my part. Reason Impeadance goes down is at the High end the Impeadance is primarily capacitive. XsubC is invearsly proportioal to F.

And Yes you are right, there are a good number of us that transported our old DDR3 over to the new SB system. I had 24 gigs of DDR3-1600 CL 7 @ 1.60 Volts (Most DDR3-1600 was 1.65 V at the time). 8 gigs in a drawer and 16 Gigs in my I5-750. When I built my i5-2500k I simply put the 16 gigs (4 x 4) in the i5-2500k and dug out my 4 x 2 DDR3-1600 and put back in the i5-750. This was all BEFORE this broke, will probably fork over the $25 for the "OC Insurance"
a c 283 à CPUs
April 18, 2012 2:34:28 AM

@RetiredCheif: That's good knowledge to have and thank you for correcting me there. I was only aware of the voltage being a problem. I've known about the OC insurance, but with the RAM issue in mind too, it actually makes a lot of sense to go for something like that.
April 19, 2012 4:33:44 PM

DJDeCiBeL said:
@RetiredCheif: That's good knowledge to have and thank you for correcting me there. I was only aware of the voltage being a problem. I've known about the OC insurance, but with the RAM issue in mind too, it actually makes a lot of sense to go for something like that.

My sincere thanks to all who tried to solve my problem. By now i have tried all possible permutation and combinations suggested by various in this forum. I thank them to all. My problem is probably related to defective mobo. But otherwise my mobo and computer is working super ( with graphic card). So i have given up the idea of using integrated graphics of processor and VIRTU. Thanks again :hello:  :bounce: 
April 23, 2012 10:07:49 PM

I have the exact same problem. But the problem only developed after i update my Asus bios to version 3203. Tech support says the bios no longer supports igpu. But that was the dumbest tech person I ever talked to, so I cant verify that. But it used to work perfect before the update.
April 23, 2012 10:12:07 PM

I have the exact same problem. But the problem only developed after i update my Asus bios to version 3203. Tech support says the bios no longer supports igpu. But that was the dumbest tech person I ever talked to, so I cant verify that. But it used to work perfect before the update.
April 30, 2012 2:57:09 AM

1- use windows update function to auto search for updates. My last auto update had something to do with this problem I think.
2- Update to latest just released drivers: http://www.lucidlogix.com/driverdownloads-virtu.html
After I just did these things (today), I could then instal virtu. The instal process off the disk deleted the old unsuccessful instal.
It seems Asus bios did not have matching info for Lucid licence to identify, and latest Lucid update fixes this.
3- Isn't the onboard graphics meant to be better than dedicated graphics for certain things ? I'm sure I've read that somewhere. Not just the power saving.
!