Sign in with
Your question
Solved

My computer boots only after pressing f1 esc and exit

Last response: in Components
April 13, 2012 2:38:00 PM

Hello,

My computer boots and stops.. I have the option of pressing F1 or F2...I press F1 and then esc and then exit...the computer starts and the time and date changes automatically to 1 jan 2002 and time 12am...I have to correct it each time in order to access the internet...can you answer this problem please?
April 13, 2012 3:04:42 PM

I think you have to change the battery from the motherboard.
m
l
Related resources
April 22, 2012 10:17:01 AM

Thanks hefox and andy! I have changed the battery but the problem persists :( 
m
l

Best solution

April 22, 2012 8:04:31 PM

Well,

you might have to enter the BIOS, usually the second option (probably 'F2' in your case). Then set time and date to the right values. Exit the BIOS with the option 'Exit saving changes' or 'Save changes and exit' or similar. See if the problem still persists, especially after the computer has been off power for a couple of hours.
If you continue getting that message then probably something's wrong with your motherboard, leaving you with two options...

- live with the problem

or

- replace the motherboard

But first try what I said above. Chances are that it solves your problem. Lets not assume the worst for a start... ;) 
April 22, 2012 8:06:18 PM

load optomized defaults then set the date and time. save and exit. your system should now update the dma data and boot as normal...
m
l
April 23, 2012 7:30:38 AM

Thanks a lot andy and hexit! The problem has been resolved now :) 
Like you suggested, I pressed F1 to enter the BIOS. The date and time displayed there was correct so I pressed F10 to save and exit. thanks again :) 
m
l
May 3, 2012 5:49:46 PM

Best answer selected by swarupa7.
m
l
!