Need help with computer freezing(sound loops, sometimes bsod)

aliycen

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013
First if all i'd like to say hello to you guys and let you know that I am completely clueless about BIOS,voltage and overclock stuff. Let me just tell you the story from the beginning. Like in 2007 I went to the shop of a family friend. Which I thought in that time was an expert about PCs. I told him the parts that I had in mind which I dont remember right now and he told me if they were good choices or not. Well after all that discussion the parts we decided were:
Asus Striker II Extreme
Ocz Reaper x 1333 mhz 2 GB (I have 4 of them, unfortunately for some reason my ram slots started to die? But I never was able to use all 4 of them. The computer wouldnt start. At first was working with 6 GB then I had to remove one. Now I can only use 1 of them)
Q6600 3.00 ghz (its not overclocked. Never overclocked it since i began to have trust issues with so called pc experts)
Nvidia Zotac GTX 280 AMP Edition (I had these babies in SLI but since i cant use enough RAM I am only using 1. The other card is not even attached.)
500 GB sata 2 Hard Drive
Silverstone OP1000 Power Supply
I am using the on board sound card. Got the latest drivers for graphics card. The thing is. My computer has been freezing all the time. I get bsods all the time aswell. The screen just freezes at the last image, sound loops from the speakers like it repeats the last sound that came to the speaker all over repeatedly. The first time i told the guy about this he took the pc and did some adjustments with it for like a week. Who knows why the hell he would need a freaking week for it. And he noted some voltages at the box of my rams saying that it wouldnt crash again (It was 1.76 or something if i remember right). But unfortunately it did. At that time I was using win vista 64 bit and was getting nvidia drivers stopped responding pop up error after crashing(How come I know this? I really have no idea but i think i was checking the error reports.). Right now I have Win 7 64 bit and sometimes my pc survives the freeze and loop thing. Giving the exact same error when it survives. But it actually like never really does. It freezes under stress more often but can freeze anytime. But more likely under stress such as watching videos or playing games. Even listening to music sometimes causes crash I think. The temperatures are fine. CPU about 56 degrees or something. GPU is even lower. I have the case open and have gigantic fans everywhere so it has no tempereture problems. I dont know how to run any tests but I'm a quick learner. Ive been doing small changes in BIOS lately. Tried running the ram at 1.86 V the pc wouldnt start so i put it back on auto. CPU multiplier was at 9.5 i changed it to 9.0 (I read that on ocz forums some guy saying it would help. I dont think it did cause i still get those freezes and bsods.). Everything on BIOS is at defaults. Not sure if i am worth helping for being so stupid but, yeah i could really use some help.First if all i'd like to say hello to you guys and let you know that I am completely clueless about BIOS,voltage and overclock stuff. Let me just tell you the story from the beginning. Like in 2007 I went to the shop of a family friend. Which I thought in that time was an expert about PCs. I told him the parts that I had in mind which I dont remember right now and he told me if they were good choices or not. Well after all that discussion the parts we decided were:
Asus Striker II Extreme
Ocz Reaper x 1333 mhz 2 GB (I have 4 of them, unfortunately for some reason my ram slots started to die? But I never was able to use all 4 of them. The computer wouldnt start. At first was working with 6 GB then I had to remove one. Now I can only use 1 of them)
Q6600 3.00 ghz (its not overclocked. Never overclocked it since i began to have trust issues with so called pc experts)
Nvidia Zotac GTX 280 AMP Edition (I had these babies in SLI but since i cant use enough RAM I am only using 1. The other card is not even attached.)
500 GB sata 2 Hard Drive
Silverstone OP1000 Power Supply
I am using the on board sound card. Got the latest drivers for graphics card. The thing is. My computer has been freezing all the time. I get bsods all the time aswell. The screen just freezes at the last image, sound loops from the speakers like it repeats the last sound that came to the speaker all over repeatedly. The first time i told the guy about this he took the pc and did some adjustments with it for like a week. Who knows why the hell he would need a freaking week for it. And he noted some voltages at the box of my rams saying that it wouldnt crash again (It was 1.76 or something if i remember right). But unfortunately it did. At that time I was using win vista 64 bit and was getting nvidia drivers stopped responding pop up error after crashing(How come I know this? I really have no idea but i think i was checking the error reports.). Right now I have Win 7 64 bit and sometimes my pc survives the freeze and loop thing. Giving the exact same error when it survives. But it actually like never really does. It freezes under stress more often but can freeze anytime. But more likely under stress such as watching videos or playing games. Even listening to music sometimes causes crash I think. The temperatures are fine. CPU about 56 degrees or something. GPU is even lower. I have the case open and have gigantic fans everywhere so it has no tempereture problems. I dont know how to run any tests but I'm a quick learner. Ive been doing small changes in BIOS lately. Tried running the ram at 1.86 V the pc wouldnt start so i put it back on auto. CPU multiplier was at 9.5 i changed it to 9.0 (I read that on ocz forums some guy saying it would help. I dont think it did cause i still get those freezes and bsods.). Everything on BIOS is at defaults. Not sure if i am worth helping for being so stupid but, yeah i could really use some help.

aliycen

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013
Im sorry the CPU is X9650 ( so tired from work or my neurones are dying lately) and its at 3.00. Never overclocked it

TRENDING THREADS