Automatic Switch to HDMI Audio Output?

Status
Not open for further replies.

djyr2003

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011
I am running a Windows 7 computer with a XFX AMD Radeon 6870 2GB graphics card. I am normaly use the DVI and speaker sound output, but when I am watching movies or playing games I like to use my HDMI output to my television.

The problem is that every time I want to heat the sound on my TV through the HDMI output, I need go into my sound settings and select my HDMI out as the defult sound output to hear the sound through HDMI on my TV.

Is there anyway for me to have my computer automatically switch to HDMI sound output when it detects the HDMI video output?

Thanks!

jarcraig

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2011
This used to work for me automatically, if the HDMI output was set as default, as soon as it detected the connectivity it would switch. However since I upgraded my ATI drivers recently this behaviour stopped and now I have to right click the speaker in the notification area, click playback devices, then it decides to automatically detect it and switch before I even click anything. Very strange. I've contacted ATI about this, but no response yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.