MotherBoard 2(New/Current): Asus M-5A97 R2.0 w/ Dual DDR3 2133
Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series DDR3 8BG (2x4GB) PC3-12800
CPU: AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz w/ 12MB Cache
PSU: CoolerMaster Silent Pro M 700W
HDD: Seagate 1TB Barracuda SATA III w/ 64MB Cache
Optic Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST 24x DVD-RW Drive, SATA, Black, OEM
Monitor: LG LED LCD w/ HDMI E2742V-BN

Some Background:
I bought a custom PC, put it together myself, in July 2012, and it worked great when I first got it. Then I brought it over to my friends house for the weekend and all was well. When I brought it back to my house I put it back where I had it, plugged it in and tried to start it up I got 'HDMI Power Saving Mode'. It had never happened before so I tried rebooting. Same thing. After a few more attempts I decided that something was wrong, so I started doing some research on the various causes of this but came up with no working solutions. The computer has only worked once since, and the fix that did it no longer works.

Tl;dr: I bought a computer, it worked for a while, brought it to a friends then brought it back, it didn't work. Kept going into power saving mode, got it to work once after that, hasn't worked since then.

After doing even more research I found out that my Motherboard (either) is not on the Qualified Motherboards List of my RAM. Knowing that, I am unsure as to why the DRAM LED isn't turning on; even though my RAM is supposedly incompatible. In no instances has the DRAM LED ever turned on to let me know there is a problem, but from what I have read it should turn on if the RAM isn't compatible. I checked the most recent Asus QVL I could find and found said RAM but I can only assume it's on their because of their other Motherboards and isn't actually a match with the ones I have tried.

Here's what I have tried (In order of what I did on each attempted fix, and in all instances the computer was powered off and unplugged unless otherwise mentioned).
- Powered off, unplugged, re-seated RAM, powered on.
- Re-seated RAM, powered on, pressed MemOK! switch.
- Switched spots of RAM (black to blue), powered on, pressed MemOK! switch.
- Removed GPU, re-seated CMOS battery, re-seated RAM, powered on, pressed MemOK! switch.
- Re-seated CPU, re-seated CMOS battery, re-seated RAM, re-seated GPU, powered on, pressed MemOK! switch. (This was the only attempt that worked and it hasn't worked since.)

With new motherboard, M5A97 R2.0.
- Re-seated RAM, powered on.
- Switched spots of RAM (black to blue), powered on, pressed MemOK! switch.
- Removed GPU, re-seated CMOS battery, re-seated RAM, powered on, pressed MemOK! switch.

I have a few main questions to ask:
- Is this most likely a RAM, Motherboard, CPU, HDD or PSU issue?
- Why is the DRAM LED not turning on with incompatible RAM?
- Where should I go from here?

Thanks for any help I can get, and if more information is need I'll do my best to supply it.

More about : question dram led ram

!