Sign in with
Your question

I cant get into my bios on new motherboard error; product info not valid

Last response: in Motherboards
February 21, 2013 10:44:47 PM

Hello,
i put in a "new" motherboard in my g72-253nr hp laptop and i got a error message product information not valid I was told to try a hpbq138 bios update and dmifit tool tomake usb bootable well found progs but i cant get into the bios to set it to boot to usb none of the fkeys work. I called hp and asked if i bought one of their mbs and plugged it in would i have to do anything else and they said no plug in and its good to go so whats the problem is board bad or is there a trick to get into the bios ...frustrated
a c 466 V Motherboard
February 22, 2013 12:17:03 AM

suel said:
Hello,
i put in a "new" motherboard in my g72-253nr hp laptop and i got a error message product information not valid I was told to try a hpbq138 bios update and dmifit tool tomake usb bootable well found progs but i cant get into the bios to set it to boot to usb none of the fkeys work. I called hp and asked if i bought one of their mbs and plugged it in would i have to do anything else and they said no plug in and its good to go so whats the problem is board bad or is there a trick to get into the bios ...frustrated

some new mb use the del key and not the f1 key. on the laptop mb there should be a cmos clear jumper or battery setting the jumper to clear or removing power and the cmos battery will force the laptop to go into the bios to reset itself.
m
l
February 22, 2013 2:30:21 AM

f10 is go to bios it wont work i have not found any jumpers on the motherboard.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a c 466 V Motherboard
February 22, 2013 7:42:31 AM

tried an ext keyboard..one trick also is hold down a few keys see if you can error out the post. if it wont i contact the mb vendor for help...
m
l
March 2, 2013 6:00:45 AM

Heres the answer it is broken it cant post i sent it back and ordered a new one there were no tricks that worked
m
l
!