I cant get into my bios on new motherboard error; product info not valid

Hello,
i put in a "new" motherboard in my g72-253nr hp laptop and i got a error message product information not valid I was told to try a hpbq138 bios update and dmifit tool tomake usb bootable well found progs but i cant get into the bios to set it to boot to usb none of the fkeys work. I called hp and asked if i bought one of their mbs and plugged it in would i have to do anything else and they said no plug in and its good to go so whats the problem is board bad or is there a trick to get into the bios ...frustrated
4 answers Last reply
More about bios motherboard error product info valid
  1. suel said:
    Hello,
    i put in a "new" motherboard in my g72-253nr hp laptop and i got a error message product information not valid I was told to try a hpbq138 bios update and dmifit tool tomake usb bootable well found progs but i cant get into the bios to set it to boot to usb none of the fkeys work. I called hp and asked if i bought one of their mbs and plugged it in would i have to do anything else and they said no plug in and its good to go so whats the problem is board bad or is there a trick to get into the bios ...frustrated

some new mb use the del key and not the f1 key. on the laptop mb there should be a cmos clear jumper or battery setting the jumper to clear or removing power and the cmos battery will force the laptop to go into the bios to reset itself.
  2. f10 is go to bios it wont work i have not found any jumpers on the motherboard.
  3. tried an ext keyboard..one trick also is hold down a few keys see if you can error out the post. if it wont i contact the mb vendor for help...
  4. Heres the answer it is broken it cant post i sent it back and ordered a new one there were no tricks that worked
Ask a new question

Read More

Chipsets BIOS Motherboards