Sign in with
Your question

Computer will shut down if I move it.

Last response: in Motherboards
February 21, 2013 11:41:03 PM

Hello, I have an issue where my computer will randomly shut down. I'm 90% sure the problem is the Motherboard (I've had this issue for a while now).

Computer specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte P67A-D3-B3
CPU: Intel I7 2600k
CPU Cooler : Thermaltake Frio
Memory: Gskill DDr3-1866 PC3-14900 2x4gb
Hard Drive: OCZ Vertex3-25SAT3-120gb
Video Card: EVGA GTX 560 TI
PSU: W0319RU Modular Power Supply

Recently I changed my motherboard power supply case cpu and just recently a cpu fan but I've had this problem for a while, but recently I noticed everytime I move my computer or bump it, it will randomly shut down, then it will turn on again for 10 second and shut back off.

I've tried unmounting the graphic card, soundcard, memory but it will continue doing that until it won't turn on at all anymore. Then I reseat everything but the cpu (which I just mounted of a new cpu cooler). The same problem persisted before and after mounting it so I think the problem is the motherboard. I've read that the mid range of those gigabyte motherboards had some issues. I also noticed that my cpu fan 1 will run smoothly when turning on the computer but the second one wouldn't start up running full speed like the other. Now I'm typing this on the very computer I have issues with with my 4 cpu cores @ max 33 celcius degrees (minimum 23,26,25,31)

It seems to me the motherboard is defective but I still wanna hear about experienced technicians about this issue. Has anybody had a similar issue? Can you confirm I have a defective motherboard? Thank you.

More about : computer shut move

a b à CPUs
February 22, 2013 12:11:09 AM

It could be anything. You could move the PSU power coming from ur wall socket. It could be a power connector to ur motherboard or something
m
l
February 22, 2013 1:40:17 AM

th3_ory said:
It could be anything. You could move the PSU power coming from ur wall socket. It could be a power connector to ur motherboard or something

I've unmounted and reseated everything about 4 times, connectors are fine, I'm really thinking it's hardware (mobo or psu)...
m
l
!