Solved

My CyberPower PC Specs Help Please!

Tags:
  • Cyberpower
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
January 3, 2012 9:07:21 AM

Looking to build a Gaming PC for mostly BF3, CoD:MW3, LoL, SC2 and some random other new games that come out. I Have about 750 and could stretch it to maybe 800.

CPU: AMD FX-4100 3.60 GHz Quad-Core AM3+ CPU 4MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology

was thinking of dropping it to the

AMD Athlon™II X4 640 Quad-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology -$20

Cooling Fan: AMD ATHLON64 CERTIFIED CPU FAN & HEATSINK

dropped it from the Liquid Cooling System...probably won't over clock anything, so didn't think it was necessary.

Motherboard:[CrossFireX] GigaByte GA-970A-D3 AMD 970 Socket AM3+ ATX Mainboard w/ On/Off Charge, 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe X16, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI
(no clue about what one is better or not, just saw it upgraded on ram to 32 gigs and had some random other stuff)

Memory: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory

Video Card: Here is where I'm 100% not sure and have checked out many many benchmark and reviews for each of these cards and really where I would need the most help. My choices were:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 2GB 16X PCIe Video Card

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 2GB 16X PCIe Video Card (+$9)

AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card(+$8)

Power Supply: 700 Watts - XtremeGear SLI/CrossFireX Ready Power Supply

with the hard drive and all that extra jazz it comes out to $779, what do you think? Anywhere you would down or upgrade? Thanks so much in advance!!

More about : cyberpower specs

Best solution

January 3, 2012 10:39:42 AM
January 3, 2012 10:51:50 AM

^+1 I agree, building it yourself would be totally worth it. You get more than double the performance than what you've configured with CyberPower.
m
l
Related resources
January 4, 2012 3:04:38 AM

That would be a good 1st build and for less money. But you were asking about the graphic cards. I would not go for the GTX 550 ti they are a very weak card I know I have two of them in sli.

If you like the AMD/ATI cards then look into the HD 6950. For the Nvidia cards look into the GTX 560 ti 1gb of vram. I like Nvidia cards. The Nvidia cards are good on the upper end as AMD/ATI are good for the lower end.

Here are two links that will help you on the difference of the two cards also the second link Also shows the HD 6870. You do have a good build going on. Good luck to you

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1533/

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_5...

One more thing Here is a list of power supplys from the best to the worst. So look at what they are offering and check it with the list. the XtremeGear didn't even make the list. These PSU's are not good. I have a new one on the way.

http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx
m
l
January 4, 2012 5:16:38 AM

Probably going to just go with the build one myself rout...the tax and shipping are a bit steeper than everyone else on the net...was looking at almost an extra 160 for tax and lowest shipping...newegg had me at 20 shipping and half that on tax. Thanks a lot for the input and amazing links guys!
m
l
January 4, 2012 5:16:44 AM

Best answer selected by CaptCoconut.
m
l