January 3, 2012 9:11:33 AM

my system is,

i3 2100
intel DH67BL motherboard
8 GB RAM
MSI N560GTX twin frozer II
cool master 500W PSU
DVD R/W

What are the options for a casing less than maybe $100??
Casing should provide a excellent dust free cooling environment... temperature of my room is about 29C and dust is also a major issue.....

More about : casing

January 3, 2012 9:31:22 AM

How do you live in a 29C room? I'd DIE!!! haha.

I'm a Fractal fanboi, so I'll pitch them. The R3 or Arc Midi are awesome cases with great cooling and dust-preventing features. Check them out:

Fractal Design R3
Fractal Design Arc Midi

Edit: Bah, just realized the R3 is 120. That's over you budget. But the Arc Midi is 100.
Score
January 3, 2012 9:44:42 AM

Well generally temperature is about 27c in our area :)  ........

Can you sugest me some cool master cases or inwin or antec.... i have never fractal brand before.........
Score
Related resources
January 3, 2012 10:11:39 AM

The Antec Sonata line might work for you. They are about as sealed up as you can get without totally restricting airflow.

Most of the gamer type cases such as the Antec 300, etc. are going to have a large amount of mesh surfaces that dust will go right through, even with filters.
Score
January 3, 2012 10:18:08 AM

But then you restrict airflow. :(  That looks like a compromise between two bad choices.
Score
January 3, 2012 10:47:32 AM

jsc said:
But then you restrict airflow. :(  That looks like a compromise between two bad choices.

True, but I think between the PSU fan and the rear exhaust he will be better off unless he plans on extreme overclocking. For that, water cooling would be the best option.
Score
January 3, 2012 2:37:00 PM

It would get dusty and will require frequent cleaning with compressed air. Or you could get one of the mini air compressors that air brush artists use and get an inflator nozzle for it. They are quiet and cheaper over the long haul than cans of compressed air. If you go this route just make sure the compressor has a filter on it(most of this type do). You do not want to be blowing machine oil inside your case. You also do not want a high power compressor that will blow your CPU into next week. :) 
Score
January 3, 2012 11:34:12 PM

Hey is it ok to use a hair drier for blowing out the dust?? (air flow can be focused using a funnel shape thing)

what about the cooling capability of that casing??

Currently i'm using a very small casing temporarily.. i am keeping a one side of the casing open always and use my table fan to cool it down more. But still when i play games like battlefield 3 (1920x1080 and on ultra settings) my gpu temp goes to about 69c,79c maximum... idle temperature is about 38c. Temperature of my room is about 28c...

If i use this case, would it be able to help to cool down my system (say idle temp is about 34c-35c and in heavy gaming 60c-65c) a bit with both side of the casing closed and without the table fan??
Score
January 4, 2012 4:20:05 AM

That case will be fine for cooling. I use a Coolermaster Elite 430 myself, but do not have a dust or temp issue like you do. The 430 is a little thinner metal than most which could help you a bit as well. Thinner metal helps dissipate heat also. And, it has plenty of fan holes. For your scenario I would suggest at least one fan at the rear of the case blowing out, 1 at the top blowing out, and one in the front blowing in. This will at least keep the air moving and hopefully any dust with it.

Even a high end hair dryer with nozzle would likely not have enough air power, but you could try it. The nozzle I am talking about has an opening the size of the ball in a ball point pin. Provides fairly high pressure, but not too high.
Score
Anonymous
January 4, 2012 5:13:39 AM

What about some silversotne cases?
You have a matx mobo so...
ps07?
tj08-3?
Score

Best solution

January 4, 2012 6:54:49 AM

For your chosen components and environment I would have to say no to the Silverstones. Both are excellent cases, but the airflow is not good for your situation. Hot air will rise in a case, and these both have top mounted PSU's and a bottom mounted rear fan. Under normal conditions this would be fine, but in your case your PSU would have to work very hard to cool itself with the heat coming from the other components. Even the Antec Sonata I suggested earlier would have this problem albeit to a much lesser degree due to the rear fan mounted just below the PSU and the roomier case.

I would stick with the CM 690, the Antec 300, or even my CM 430. I would also invest in a good filter kit for it and some good quality Antec Tri-Cool fans. These fans have the advantage of a 3 speed switch, and even on the highest settings, are not so noisy.

Once again, I would have one on the front blowing air in with a filter, one rear, and one top blowing out. I would start with the fans on low, and go from there. If 3 on full still does not do it, add another. I cannot recall on the others, but my case does 6 120mm fans if needed. For my setup I only run the one rear.
January 10, 2012 11:34:32 PM

tlmck said:
For your chosen components and environment I would have to say no to the Silverstones. Both are excellent cases, but the airflow is not good for your situation. Hot air will rise in a case, and these both have top mounted PSU's and a bottom mounted rear fan. Under normal conditions this would be fine, but in your case your PSU would have to work very hard to cool itself with the heat coming from the other components. Even the Antec Sonata I suggested earlier would have this problem albeit to a much lesser degree due to the rear fan mounted just below the PSU and the roomier case.

I would stick with the CM 690, the Antec 300, or even my CM 430. I would also invest in a good filter kit for it and some good quality Antec Tri-Cool fans. These fans have the advantage of a 3 speed switch, and even on the highest settings, are not so noisy.

Once again, I would have one on the front blowing air in with a filter, one rear, and one top blowing out. I would start with the fans on low, and go from there. If 3 on full still does not do it, add another. I cannot recall on the others, but my case does 6 120mm fans if needed. For my setup I only run the one rear.

Can you suggest me some good filter kits???
Score
January 10, 2012 11:38:07 PM

No, never use a hair drier. The only thing you should use is compressed air or a special vacuum for computers.
Score
January 10, 2012 11:54:32 PM

azeem40 said:
No, never use a hair drier. The only thing you should use is compressed air or a special vacuum for computers.

What is the reason for 'no hair driers' ?????
Score
Anonymous
January 11, 2012 12:58:58 AM

Heat.
Score
January 11, 2012 1:03:58 AM

Quote:
Heat.

But there are hair driers which can switch modes between normal air flow and heated air flow... One can use the normal airflow ryt?? I think many hair driers have that feature
Score
Anonymous
January 11, 2012 1:05:34 AM

athukoralakasun said:
But there are hair driers which can switch modes between normal air flow and heated air flow... One can use the normal airflow ryt?? I think many hair driers have that feature

Alright, than thats ok. But the only difficulty is that some hair driers might have two little airflow
Score
January 18, 2012 11:49:52 AM

Best answer selected by athukoralakasun.
Score
!