multiple internet explorer windows

Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi,

When following up URL's from other applications they often open up a new
ie window. This actually takes longer than it does to download the page
concerned.

Is there a way to re-direct this 'request' to an already open window, if
one is available, of course?

--
Richard, whose Squeaky Chair can be seen at http://www.squeaky.demon.co.uk

Why cybersex is so popular...
Monitor size doesn't matter.

No but the application could.

http://www.newmatilda.com/home/default.asp
"Richard" <Richard@pridge.uk.uk> wrote in message news:HomT+YRdnNOBFw9O@squeaky.demon.co.uk...

> Hi,
>
> When following up URL's from other applications they often open up a new
> ie window. This actually takes longer than it does to download the page
> concerned.
>
> Is there a way to re-direct this 'request' to an already open window, if
> one is available, of course?
>

> --
> Richard, whose Squeaky Chair can be seen at http://www.squeaky.demon.co.uk
>
> Why cybersex is so popular...
> Monitor size doesn't matter.

Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Some people said things, and then:-
David Candy added

>No but the application could.

I have to track through every one of the umpteen applications that are
authorised to go on-line and work out how to frig them? Each?

It's not just news and mail, it's spyware programs updating their
database, AV doing the same, registration, updates and support for...
well, for practically every darn program I have...

Somewhere in the system there must be a "request" for an IE window,
admittedly by the program, but the *operating* system has to process it.
There must surely be some way to catch it?

--

Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Some people said things, and then:-
Dennis Lazo added

>richard,
>
>you can try this:
>
>on ie, tools > internet options > advanced tab > under "browsing"
>category, check reuse windows for launching shortcuts.
>
>hope this helps.

Unfortunately no, it's been checked since day one.

Nice try. Thanks anyway.