PC first boot, 1 beep , no display

x3Kean

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
Hi everyone, was wondering if anyone could help me out with my problem. I've built my system yesterday and I've check a lot of troubleshoot problems on Google but can seems to find the best solution for my situation.

So my problem is yesterday when I first finish everything I built, I've checked with all the connectors, rams, sata, graphic cards etc.. before i start my first boot. All are perfectly in place with no stretching between cables at all(which will cause the cables to be loosen at the headers).

Here goes my first boot, at first i turn on my power supply, then going to the power switch and everything works fine(fans, power phase LED, case fans, two of my red led tubes which i bought for aesthetics). Then my system (internal) speaker sounded a single beep sound(this should be perfect according to the manual saying a single beeps should be successful), but nothing appears at my monitor, I've tried with dvi, vga cables and still the same results. the monitor just stays there at REST mode, which I think the monitor doesn't detect any video signal).

I doubt it's the graphics card problem, because its an old one which i scrap out from my still-using Computer the day before yesterday. I didn't bought a new one because I'm waiting for a newer version that will come out soon this year from Nvidia. Or is it the problem that i use an old graphics card that does not have a factory setting on it can't work in a new system?

One question, I've been wondering on my head now that since my motherboard has an integrated onboard graphics, do I need to use that HDMI port situated at the I/O for my first boot? Means that I don need to put my discrete video card in the system first for my first boot?

My systems parts are shown below.
Case : Corsair Graphite 600T White Edition
CPU : Intel i7-2600k
Memory : Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz dual channel (low profile)
Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P rev 1.0
CPU cooler : Noctua NH-D14
Graphics Card : Gigabyte GTX460 GV-N460D5-768I-B
PSU : XFX 850W Silver Plus Black Edition(with green fans)
SSD : Crucial M4 128GB SATA3
Optical drive : LG normal 22x DVD-RW

Please anyone, Help me please. I want to know if there is any other problems that i was not aware of. Thanks

Single short beep meant your system passed the POST.

No video means:
Bad monitor or cables.
Bad video card.

The POST rountines can only check the PCIe interface. They cannot check the internal workings of the card.

Try the onboard video. Make sure the video card works by testing in the old computer system.