Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Budget mother board for I5 650

Last response: in Motherboards
February 22, 2013 4:25:48 AM

Hello,
I'm making a very budget pc for some light gaming. I'm getting a 6670 and the i5 650. that's what i've decided on. I need a board for preferbaly under 75 dollars. I don't care if it's old an dused as long as it gets the job done. I don't need all the bells and whitsltes if you know what i mean.
a b V Motherboard
February 22, 2013 6:03:39 AM

Dude, if you're building budget setup for mid-level gaming AND getting HD 6670, DO NOT get first-gen i5.
Get FM2-socket board and AMD's A10 5800K Trinity processor. It will be a much MUCH better mid-level gaming setup than old i5 with HD 6670, because top Trinity supports CFXing with HD 6670 exactly! You will get a very good performance boost if you CFX top Trinity with HD 6670, because Trinity has entire HD 7660 on-board AND supports CFXing with HD 6670!
You would be able to play some modern games even on very high settings, with such setup! You wouldn't be able to do that with old i5 setup if you'll get that GPU!
Why pay much for an expensive high-power GPU and old processor, when you can get an affordable top Trinity CPU that ALREADY has quite powerful GPU on-board (thus you essentially buy decent video card AND processor, for just a price of the processor!) AND the performance can be boosted even MORE with adding quite affordable HD 6670 to it!?
You'll be absolutely stupid if you pass up on such opportunity and buy that i5, and try using it with HD 6670. :\

If you want, I can pick a good "under 75$" FM2 board for you. Just say so, man.
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
February 22, 2013 6:12:15 AM

Oldie: Come on, man...there's no way you can seriously recommend that these days. :\
Trinity's just around the corner, man.
m
l
a c 435 V Motherboard
February 22, 2013 6:14:43 AM

Maybe he's already got the 650, or getting a good deal on one. I see one for $60 on my local craigslist. It all depends on price and his budget.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
February 22, 2013 6:17:53 AM

Well, he clearly said: "I'm getting an HD 6670 and the i5 650". Thus I assume he didn't get them yet, which is good (because otherwise it'll be absolute fail, if the did already get them).
ESPECIALLY since he's pointed out that he makes that build for gaming. There will be no decent gaming for him if he gets that i5...not even "light" gaming. :\
I seriously hope (and pray) that he's not that stupid to get that i5 after he reads my recommendation..it will be absolutely retarded if he'll get i5 in the end, after reading what I've said.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
February 22, 2013 6:31:31 AM

Hmmm...fix your links, man. both are leading nowhere.
Also, so far he didn't name his exact budget, he just pointed estimate number he's willing to spend on a board. It doesn't mean that he can't afford such low-price CPU as A10 5800K.
Because he clearly implies that he can afford HD 6670. He can always buy top Trinity first (which will be like buying 4-core CPU AND HD 7660), and then buy HD 6670 later - as an addition.
m
l
February 22, 2013 4:22:00 PM

Ok so will get the trinity instead of the i5. I just got an I5 off an old build from my co-worker for 50 bucks, but if it will be absolutely crap for gaming I'll give it back to him and get the 2500k trinity. Is that the good one? I will also get that board you reccomended. Thanks for the help.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
February 22, 2013 4:37:48 PM

If you decided to get APU, get only the top one (at the current moment it's A10 5800K Trinity).
Don't try to economize by getting lower-level APUs, it's not worth it (because they are all cheap enough to afford them).

Also, I haven't recommended you any FM2-socket motherboards yet, dude, you're mistaking me for Oldie. %)

Just tell me if you 100% decided to get A10 5800K, and THEN I'll be recommending you the motherboard, because otherwise it's useless.
I need to be 100% sure that you're confident in your decision, before I make any recommendations on motherboards for that processor.
Read carefully what people tell you, don't jump fast to conclusions.

Anyway, man...just tell me in what country you're buying (probably USA) and in what stores you prefer to buy (like Newegg, for example), and I'll pick a good FM2-socket board for you.
m
l
February 22, 2013 5:27:57 PM

I actually did some research and made the purchase. I got the unlocked a100 5800k off ebay for 108 dollars. I live in the USA and i usually just buy of ebay because it's usually 50-100 dollars cheaper. I've bought off newegg and i've gotten ram from crucial before. I will probably just get the ram of ebay this time depending on the board you recommend me. If you can, try to recommend one 75 dollars or under, but i would settle for something a little more if i have to. I just don't need all the bells and whistles. Also it should be compatible with the 6670.
m
l

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
February 22, 2013 5:49:26 PM

All APU boards compatible with HD 6670.

Anyway, so you ALREADY bought/ordered top Trinity? Good.

Then I'll start looking into boards now...

Hmmm...

Well, you can definitely get this, or this (and, if you can afford to pay a little bit more, then this), and you're pretty much good to go.
Nothing ultra-high quality for such money, but good motherboards nonetheless, I totally recommend them for starters.
February 22, 2013 6:00:07 PM

master_chen said:
All APU boards compatible with HD 6670.

Anyway, so you ALREADY bought/ordered top Trinity? Good.

Then I'll start looking into boards now...

Hmmm...

Well, you can definitely get this, or this (and, if you can afford to pay a little bit more, then this), and you're pretty much good to go.
Nothing ultra-high quality for such money, but good motherboards nonetheless, I totally recommend them for starters.

Thanks for the help man. I'm definately going to get that the ECS...Found one on ebay for 55 buy now and just ordered! Best answer goes to you :) 
m
l
February 22, 2013 6:00:26 PM

Best answer selected by mattso88.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
February 22, 2013 6:04:08 PM

mattso88 said:
Thanks for the help.

You are always welcome.
Just remember that APU's integrated video gets part of it's performance from your RAM, so the more memory you'll have on board, the better (8 GB would be more than enough).
Anyway, if you'll have any other questions later, don't hesitate to PM me, I'll try to help as much as I can. Have a nice day/night and I wish you the best of results.
m
l
!