• Build
  • Homebuilt
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
January 3, 2012 3:59:39 PM

Message body in here

More about : problem lorem ipsum

January 3, 2012 4:20:01 PM

All of those parts will work together, but the case probably doesn't offer sufficient cooling with only one 120mm fan- either get a more expensive case or buy two extra 120mm fans for the back and sides. I would suggest you buy a slightly better case (make sure any case you buy has room for the length of the HD6950, most mid towers should)...

Are you sure you don't want to overclock? If offers a lot of extra performance, although you would need to buy the 'k' CPU and an aftermarket cooler.

Still, all those parts you've selected will work together, although the case is a bit dodgy :D 
January 3, 2012 4:41:07 PM

Would you have any specific suggestions for a case?

I'm not that confident in my computer knowledge to overclock, too afraid something might go wrong
a c 93 B Homebuilt system
January 3, 2012 4:51:03 PM

dephei said:
Would you have any specific suggestions for a case?

I'm not that confident in my computer knowledge to overclock, too afraid something might go wrong

That case has been deactivated - looks like Newegg is discontinuing it.

For the price - if you want to stick with Cooler Master - the HAF 912 would be a far better choice for the money, or maybe try something like the Antec 300, or - I'm not a particular fan of this brand but a lot of people seem to like them - the Rosewill Challenger.

Everything will work for the most part but there's a couple of things I'd recommend over what you've chosen:

PSU: Corsair TX650 V2
Motherboard: Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 - *OR* - Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3H
RAM: Corsair Vengance - Low Profile Version

I'd also recommend getting a good fan even if you don't overclock - it will dramatically reduce system temperatures and help prolong the life of your system. The Cooler Master Hyper 212 is a good solid, inexpensive choice.
January 3, 2012 6:03:03 PM

Message body
!