gary1

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
You have a temperature on your CPU of 30. That is incredibly low, especially with an ambient temp of 80F. Your GPU is a bit high if it is at idle.

Personally I would consider your GPU to be fine as well. Seeing your max temps I'm guessing you had just finished playing a game when you took that screenshot? (Or maybe an hour or so after games, lol). I don't really check my temps in my machine too often, but my brother is OCD about his temps, so anyway...His 6870 would idle at around 39C (1-2 hours after computer start up) rise up to around 75C during gameplay, then drop down to 48-53C to idle again after games.

PrfJennings

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
Actually no, I've only been using it for checking e-mails, when I start a game I crank up the fan speed on my card as high as I manually can, should I leave that on by default?

Ahhh I see, so you didn't play any games when you took that screenshot? (Just to make sure)

In that case...your GPU temperatures are quite high...have your cleaned your case lately? How long has this been around? And have you dusted out your GPU?

PrfJennings

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
Cleaned it out yesterday, It's not recent, just wondering if it might be the source of some minor hiccups in the system. (that and it's starting to get hot here again). And yes, no gaming prior to that screenshot.

I see, well as your ambient temps rise, your hardware temps will rise, that's a given. But I still think that's too hot for just normal use... What kind of case do you have? Your GPU may be overheating due to lack of airflow, but I can't be too sure...

***EDIT***
Can you clear the Min&Max and run a game or two (or benchmark) that would stress your GPU and tell me the temperatures? I'm curious to know the absolute maximum...Since I know the max temp in that screenshot is still within reason for the GTS250...Wondering why it would rise up to 7xC while idle though, that part is making me scratch my head :lol:

PrfJennings

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
I'm using an In-Win Griffon (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811108229) With that giant fan on the side right next to the gpu. due to living space it's the machine itself is tucked away in a wooden cubbie with the fan open on the side and the back slightly open to leave room for the cables.

Edit: fixed my terrible grammar.

Your GPU temps are a little bit on the warm side, but it should be reasonable considering your ambient temperatures are 80F(26C ish). But since you're seeing weird errors, I would try moving your case out of the little cubbie (if possible) and see if temperatures go down along with your errors. Hope this helped :)

I would also make a boot disk of memtest and start it up when you go to bed and see if there are any ram errors in the morning.
sometime over time you can get a bad bit on a ram stick. all so what wont hurt is run a drive fitness test from the hard drive vendor in your case. the last thing i would do do that it was not a software issue or virus is run malware bytes and check to see if your anti virus is out of date or expired. a lot of times it expires and has not been updated for months.

drobinray

Honorable
Apr 14, 2012
please help :(,, my boot temp of my cpu is 51 Celsius , and the idle temp is 66 celsius to 67 celsius, but after gaming, the temp get higher to 74 Celsius, , i have read a forum on the internet that the idle temp is 22 celsius to 40 celsius..

please help .... my pc always restarts, when playing games... :( :( :(

PrfJennings

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012

Well one thing I've been doing is raising the fan speed manually, check and see if your card provider supports that, I know Nvidia does.