CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 631 SFM1 BOX
GPU: Sapphire RADEON HD 6850 1GB
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-770T-D3L
PSU: MODECOM ATX 530W PFC MC 530 CARBON
Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 RC-430-KWN1
Hard Drive: Western Digital CAVIAR Blue 500GB SATA 7200RPM 16MB
Optical Drive: Optiarc DL DVDRW 24X SATA BLACK LS AD-7280S-0B
RAM: Kingston 4GB PC12800 DDR3 CL9 HYPERX

It's the cheapest combo I could manage to put together that (I suppose) would run Skyrim and ANNO 2070 on max settings. Final cost is about 400€ but as I've never built a computer or upgraded one I am not sure whether all these parts would function well together and whether something would bottleneck the build. Also I'm concerned about if I should get
1)a network adapter for wifi or the mobo has one integrated
2)a new sound card or the mobo one (Realtek ALC888/892) is sufficient
and how many USB slots this build would have (I heard USBs, sound cards and stuff take PCI slots? :??:  ).

I suppose that as the budget is very low anyways thus far I could raise it a bit in case something really needs replacement.

Thanks.

More about : build work

January 3, 2012 4:41:48 PM

1) The motherboard supports an internet (ethernet) cable and these cables can be connected to a wifi router but the motherboard cannot connect wirelessly (this is true of pretty much every motherboard I have ever heard of).

2) For a budget build such as this one a sound card would be a waste of money, unless you have a very good set of speakers.

3) On the back of the motherboard you have 8 usb 2.0 slots, and you can always add more using the usb headers on the motherboard- you do not need to use up pci slots for usb.

I would suggest buying a slightly better (and newer) motherboard and a PSU from a more reliable brand than Modecom. At the bottom end of the price range a little bit more money spent gets you a lot more performance.

January 3, 2012 7:23:43 PM

OK, thanks for making that stuff clear
I pretty much knew before that motherboard by itsself couldn't connect to internet but under information it said
network adapter +; Gigabit
and, well, just supposed it might be the thing. My bad.
Also good to know I won't have to worry about sound cards and USB slots.
Anyways, I did some more research and came up with:
mobo - Gigabyte GA-880GMA-USB3(seems a bit overkill but ''only'' +20€ and might be better if I wanted to upgrade sometime?), MSI 870A-G54(+10€)
PSU - XILENCE ATX 550W PFC (+10€), Chieftec ATX 500W PFC 80+ BULK CTG-500-80P (same price but maybe chieftec is a better brand?)
Are some of those okay?
Related resources
January 3, 2012 7:33:57 PM

Honestly, I wouldn't get either of those. A Corsair CX500 or a CX600 would work, both are on the "budget" side and Corsair is a reputable brand (I have one myself). Seasonic, XFX, Antec should also work.
January 3, 2012 7:44:26 PM

Well, the Corsair costs twice as much but... No pain, no gain, I suppose.
Still, speaking of the mobo, would the GA-880GMA-USB3 be worth the extra $$ or should/could I settle with MSI 870A-G54?
Or are there other alternatives to recommend?
!