What should I do for this computer build.

davis22

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
I basically want a computer of running skyrim (and maybe some other pc games like shogun 2 or WOW). I have a pre built computer from a few years ago. It wasnt built for gaming but if i can just upgrade a few key parts im hopeing to save myself a lot of money. I will list the specs below. Basically I want to know what parts I will need to upgrade and approximatly what i should upgrade to. Also how do I upgrade my RAM? I am not totally lost about these things, and i understand some of these parts are very outdated and I will buy new ones like the RAM and video card.

Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80Ghz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Video Card: RADEON X300 Series

cybneo

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
most prebuilt arent good for upgrading. Just get a new PC. The only thing you can probably reuse is the case... which is only $50 or less. CyberPower www.cyberpowerpc.com has a few prebuilt gaming machines...

mpain55

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009
Agreed, a Pentium D isn't going to cut it anymore. If you want to run the latest pc games then it's time for a new rig. Upgrading to a newer processor would require a new motherboard which would require new ram, etc. So you'd either be building a new system or buying a new system.