Creative PCI128 card

G

I have an ASUS P5A-B M/B (with on-board sound. I wanted to instal the Creative PCI128 card. I disabled the on-board sound in the M/B BIOS and installed the new card. The sound part of it works well but it does not recognise the joystick port. Although everything is connected correctly, in SETTINGS/CONTROL PANEL/GAME CONTROLLERS, the message comes up "Joystick not connected". I have reverted back to the on-board sound card and everything is fine (except my original problem of a damaged mic input socket). Anyone any ideas. Thanks in advance.

AlanC

amdchuck

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2001
You advised you did disable the on board sound in the mobo's BIOS, check also for an onboard gameport field as well which can be disabled.

Also, ensure there are not multiple gameport listings in the Device Manager (I am assuming you are using Windows)

G

Check your mb guide too. There may be a way to jumper disable the audio features of the board. From what I have seen, the game port and audio are enabled/disabled together. It wouldn't surprise me to see them separate though.

Other thoughts would be to check the device manager to see if it actually found the game port but did not load the correct driver for it.

-bumble

G

Thanks for the reply's. However, since I upgraded my OS to Win 98 the card has installed correctly!!!????