Sign in with
Your question

Headphones work but earbuds only one side

Last response: in Components
April 14, 2012 3:06:18 AM

I can get sound on both sides of my headphones, but only one side on earbuds, I've tried 5 different sets of earbuds, all with the same result..anyone have any info on this problem? Thanks
April 14, 2012 3:28:41 AM

jjohnn77 said:
I can get sound on both sides of my headphones, but only one side on earbuds, I've tried 5 different sets of earbuds, all with the same result..anyone have any info on this problem? Thanks

Maybe this is a silly question.....But, here goes.... Are you sure that your headphones are stereo? And not mono? That could explain it. Or: Are you using any adaptors? If the headphones, and the ear buds all use the same male end to plug into the computer, and only the headphoes give you sound on both sides...... I would compare the end on the headphones to the ends on the ear buds and make sure they are identical in every way. One more possibility......Next time you lug in your earbuds, make sure they are pushed in all the way. I sometimes have that issue, and have to put a little force on the plug to make sure it's in all the way. good luck
m
l
Related resources
April 14, 2012 4:05:16 AM

terryd75 said:
Maybe this is a silly question.....But, here goes.... Are you sure that your headphones are stereo? And not mono? That could explain it. Or: Are you using any adaptors? If the headphones, and the ear buds all use the same male end to plug into the computer, and only the headphoes give you sound on both sides...... I would compare the end on the headphones to the ends on the ear buds and make sure they are identical in every way. One more possibility......Next time you lug in your earbuds, make sure they are pushed in all the way. I sometimes have that issue, and have to put a little force on the plug to make sure it's in all the way. good luck

Yes, My headphones are stereo, I checked the plugs, they look the same..I'll keep playing with them to see if I can get them to work..If not, I have a nice 32oz. (1lb) hammer that will fix them. :lol:  .thanks for the reply
m
l
April 14, 2012 4:07:14 AM

scout_03 said:
does the earbuds have the same connector that the headphones ones,http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRS_connector

I checked the plugs, they look the same..I'll keep playing with them to see if I can get them to work..If not, I have a nice 32oz. (1lb) hammer that will fix them. :lol:  .thanks for the reply
m
l
April 14, 2012 4:24:54 AM

simple answer the head phones work but the buds dont. then if you use them from the same output your left with only 1 answer. the ear buds are broken... pointless looking at them as they will look normal. you need to open them and reattach the broken wire/s
m
l
April 15, 2012 1:23:29 AM

those cable in earbuds as so tini it could be broke in the plug so only one channel work with the good one
m
l
!