Sign in with
Your question

Have a question

Last response: in Motherboards
February 22, 2013 5:35:19 PM

Would I be able to run this set-up straight from the box without a Case as my MOBO has an on off button on it?

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/FcVL

More about : question

a b V Motherboard
February 22, 2013 5:57:59 PM

Jonnyzord said:
Would I be able to run this set-up straight from the box without a Case as my MOBO has an on off button on it?

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/FcVL

Beardboarding ? Yes you would be able to. Hope you have previous experience on this ....all the electrostatic precautions for safe handling of parts.
February 22, 2013 6:09:38 PM

SPEED94 said:
Beardboarding ? Yes you would be able to. Hope you have previous experience on this ....all the electrostatic precautions for safe handling of parts.

I don't know what "Beardboarding" means and neither does Google, so can you expand on that please? And I want to buy all the components to be able to run the computer as normal and the week after I will be getting the case.
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
February 22, 2013 6:56:42 PM

Jonnyzord said:
I don't know what "Beardboarding" means and neither does Google, so can you expand on that please? And I want to buy all the components to be able to run the computer as normal and the week after I will be getting the case.

Basically stripping your Pc down to the basic parts is beardboarding though logically this defination is quite wrong ....You will get lots of beardboarding threads her in toms or other gardware forum. Anyway , I would advice if you have no previous experience on this or no one for supervision ....then wait till the chassis comes.

February 22, 2013 7:03:39 PM

SPEED94 said:
Basically stripping your Pc down to the basic parts is beardboarding though logically this defination is quite wrong ....You will get lots of beardboarding threads her in toms or other gardware forum. Anyway , I would advice if you have no previous experience on this or no one for supervision ....then wait till the chassis comes.

I know all about the static discharge etc and I know it isn't advised anyway... Would it all come with the correct cables I would need to be able to plug it all together to allow it to run, do you know?
a b V Motherboard
February 22, 2013 7:25:10 PM

Jonnyzord said:
I know all about the static discharge etc and I know it isn't advised anyway... Would it all come with the correct cables I would need to be able to plug it all together to allow it to run, do you know?

Yeah all the necessary cables will come in a bundle pack with your mobo.Anyway you can confirm it from your motherboard's official site - what they provide in the bundle. But I am sure they will provide you with the SATA/USB cables along with the power controllers and profile bracket.
February 22, 2013 7:33:44 PM

SPEED94 said:
Yeah all the necessary cables will come in a bundle pack with your mobo.Anyway you can confirm it from your motherboard's official site - what they provide in the bundle. But I am sure they will provide you with the SATA/USB cables along with the power controllers and profile bracket.

Thank you for your help and your fast replies. Much appreciated!
a b V Motherboard
February 22, 2013 7:42:21 PM

Jonnyzord said:
Thank you for your help and your fast replies. Much appreciated!

Glad to be of some help.
a b V Motherboard
February 24, 2013 2:03:28 AM

Just to be pedantic, it's called "breadboarding" like a loaf of bread on the cutting board.

Personally, unless you are assembling the PC and check hardware, it is better not to have the motherboard out of the case, a sneeze or inadvertent cough could splatter the motherboard with all sorts of "viruses" (pun intended).
!