Solved

Z68XP-UD3 Bios update, now BSOD

Hello,
I updated the bios of my Z68XP-UD3 motherboard today after installing a brand new GV-N560448-13I (560ti 448 core). At first I thought that the video card driver might be causing the crashes and system restored to its install. When that didn't work I figured I would try booting up in safe mode to open device manager and try and figure out what was going on, which also resulted in a BSOD. The crash screen talks about checking my hard drive, which I'm pretty sure is fine. This is my first time building a computer from scratch and I probably shouldn't have messed with updating the bios, I don't know a lot about it. I'd appreciate help greatly, thanks a lot. Sorry if I posted in the wrong area this is my first time asking in this forum.

My hardware:
i7 2600k
OCZ Agility 3 60gb SSD
Said motherboard and graphics card
2*4gb G.Skill F3-17000CL9D-8GBXM
Everything is at stock speeds (I think the ram is actually underclocked @1600hz because I loaded the fail safe settings)

Again, thanks a lot for your help or thoughts on the matter.
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about z68xp bios update bsod
  1. Best answer
    After flashing the new BIOS, did you reset the BIOS to the default settings and save the configuration?
  2. Yeah, I figured out that the SATA was in RAID instead of AHCI, which I didn't check because I thought it wouldn't boot up at all in that case (stupid of me). Thanks for replying though, I couldn't figure out how to close the thread
  3. Best answer selected by andyhepp.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build BIOS Blue Screen Systems