Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

CPU temp

Last response: in Components
Share
April 14, 2012 8:47:41 AM

Hello,
please help :( ,, my boot temp of my cpu is 51 Celsius , and the idle temp is 66 celsius to 67 celsius, but after gaming, the temp get higher to 74 Celsius, , i have read a forum on the internet that the idle temp is 22 celsius to 40 celsius..

please help .... my pc always restarts, when playing games... :(  :(  :( 

More about : cpu temp

a c 203 à CPUs
April 14, 2012 9:51:42 AM

Hello drobinray;

No more gaming for you till you bring your temps under control.

Is it a new PC? Have you made any changes lately? Dropped the PC or moved it around a lot?
What CPU, motherboard and CPU cooler are you using?
m
0
l
a c 203 à CPUs
April 14, 2012 9:52:18 AM

Also..... how are you measuring your temps? What program are you using?
m
0
l
Related resources
April 14, 2012 1:34:31 PM

WR2 said:
Hello drobinray;

No more gaming for you till you bring your temps under control.

Is it a new PC? Have you made any changes lately? Dropped the PC or moved it around a lot?
What CPU, motherboard and CPU cooler are you using?



i'm using a amd athlon le 1620 2.41 ghz on m6pcp m2 motherboard , ati radeon hd 5450 with 2gb ddr2,, on stock heatsink...

it always restart when playing need for speed, and sometimes, its idle temp is 66 to 71 celsius, (boot temp, is 50 celsius)


is it necessary to make a DIY cpu water cooler??
m
0
l
April 14, 2012 1:35:41 PM

WR2 said:
Also..... how are you measuring your temps? What program are you using?

\

i'm using cpu thermometer
m
0
l
a c 203 à CPUs
April 14, 2012 1:50:48 PM

Double check your temps using HWmonitor - just to make sure CPU thermometer is giving you correct temps.
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

It's not necessary to use a DIY CPU water cooler.

Does your case have good cooling? How many fans does it have?
Do the temps go down when you take the case side panel off?
m
0
l
a c 172 à CPUs
April 14, 2012 2:00:16 PM

Idle temps are too high.

Clean out all the dust in the case, then remove and reseat the cooler if you haven't already.

You will need to replace the old thermal compound. A clean, lint free rag and isopropyl alcohol will do to clean the CPU and heatsink.
m
0
l
April 14, 2012 2:10:43 PM

WR2 said:
Double check your temps using HWmonitor - just to make sure CPU thermometer is giving you correct temps.
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

It's not necessary to use a DIY CPU water cooler.

Does your case have good cooling? How many fans does it have?
Do the temps go down when you take the case side panel off?



i dont think so, that my case has good cooling, i removed the side cover of it and put an rear exhaust fan (up and down ), i also put a large exhaust fan beside the gpu,, it has 2 exhaust fan and 1 big exhaust fan..

my cpu is running on 2.64 GHZ... from 2.41ghz
m
0
l
April 14, 2012 2:15:18 PM

jsc said:
Idle temps are too high.

Clean out all the dust in the case, then remove and reseat the cooler if you haven't already.

You will need to replace the old thermal compound. A clean, lint free rag and isopropyl alcohol will do to clean the CPU and heatsink.

i dont know how to remove the cpu fan, to clean the heatsink.... ( i dont use thermal paste because i remove my processor every week, so i think i'm wasting money buying a thermal paste)


does DIY cpu water cooler can prevent my cpu from overheating?
m
0
l
a c 203 à CPUs
April 14, 2012 7:45:31 PM

drobinray said:
( i dont use thermal paste because i remove my processor every week, so i think i'm wasting money buying a thermal paste)
Why are you removing your CPU every week?
Running without thermal compound is probably the main reason you're over heating.
m
0
l
a c 203 à CPUs
April 14, 2012 7:46:21 PM

drobinray said:
does DIY cpu water cooler can prevent my cpu from overheating?
Not if you don't use thermal compound and remove the CPU every week.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
April 14, 2012 7:57:31 PM

Oh man, as been stated, get some thermal paste on that thing ( Artic Silver 5 is good ). You don't need much ( about the size of a small pea or half grian of long graine rice ). Also you say you have three exhaust fans, turn one around for an intake ( preferably in the front of the case ). I don't know why you are removing the CPU once a week, but don't as you are accoplishing nothing and taking a big risk in having an accident and damaging that thing.
m
0
l
a c 203 à CPUs
April 14, 2012 8:22:50 PM

If you are going to be taking the CPU out on a regular basis -
you probably want a thermal compound that is easier to spread than Arctic Silver-5 and non-conductive. Arctic Cooling MX-2 is one of those type thermal compounds.
m
0
l
April 15, 2012 11:10:14 AM

WR2 said:
Why are you removing your CPU every week?
Running without thermal compound is probably the main reason you're over heating.



ok sir i'll try it... ....
m
0
l
a c 203 à CPUs
April 15, 2012 11:22:43 AM

Be sure to let us know how it's working out for you after you add some thermal compound.
m
0
l
April 15, 2012 1:01:19 PM

WR2 said:
Be sure to let us know how it's working out for you after you add some thermal compound.


can i put thermal paste if i upgrade my cpu fan to DIY water cooler?
m
0
l
a c 203 à CPUs
April 15, 2012 1:12:38 PM

You MUST use thermal compound - no matter what type of CPU cooler you use.
m
0
l
a c 203 à CPUs
April 15, 2012 1:13:00 PM

Explain DIY water cooler or give an example of what you mean.
m
0
l
!