No Picture if Monitor Isn't on at Boot

QwertyMusicMan

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
The title pretty much says it all: When my computer is already on and my monitor isn't, if I turn-on my monitor there's no picture. This is a big issue for me, because I would like to switch back-and-forth between my Xbox and PC. If I switch to my Xbox while it's on, it reboots automatically (not ideal, but the PC not being recognized is the big issue).

I use HDMI for the Xbox and DVI for the PC. My monitor is an ASUS 24" 1080p, and my GPU is an ASUS DCUII 1GB Radeon 6950.

Is this a known issue? Can it be fixed?

Thanks!

G

Hmm, it's definitely a sync issue. Maybe there is a firmware update for the monitor? I'm not even sure how that would be applied though, but it seems like its internal connector controller (or whatever the technical term is) is unresponsive coming out of a standby state. If possible, swap the monitor. If you don't have issues try and get an RMA. Best advice I can give, sorry to say.

QwertyMusicMan

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
Hmm, it's definitely a sync issue. Maybe there is a firmware update for the monitor? I'm not even sure how that would be applied though, but it seems like its internal connector controller (or whatever the technical term is) is unresponsive coming out of a standby state. If possible, swap the monitor. If you don't have issues try and get an RMA. Best advice I can give, sorry to say.

There's no firmware or drivers on the ASUS site. It's definitely the monitor, though, because I'm writing this on a Dell which works fine. I just emailed ASUS, and if that doesn't work, I'll request an RMA. Thanks.