Sign in with
Your question

What kind of cable do I need for this?

Last response: in Systems
January 4, 2012 2:18:16 AM

Hello,

I recently built a computer and found out I had some loose cables left on the inside. After a littlebit of searching around I found that it was the F 20-pin usb 3.0 cable from the front pannel.

My motherboard doesn't have such a plug-in So I need a cable that has one input for a Female 20-pin connector and has to be split up into two usb 2.0 intern (I believe it's 10 pin or it was 10 with one missing so, 9) connectors. I can't find such a cable anywhere on the internet.

Any Idea where I can get such a cable or any other suggestions? It's such a waste not to use the front pannel usb 3.

Thank you very much.

More about : kind cable

a c 122 B Homebuilt system
January 4, 2012 3:44:31 AM

What kind of case?

Have you checked the case manufacturer's website?
a b B Homebuilt system
January 4, 2012 3:59:38 AM

I'll link one when I get to a pc
Moto
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
January 4, 2012 7:44:29 AM

I thought you wanted something like this, http://www.kenable.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=4...
having re-read your post, you want the reverse, your case has the 19pin and you want the 2 'normal' usb connectors?
what case is it, I didn't know manufactureres had started selling them with the proper headers yet,
*Damn I'm bloody persistent lol, here ye go man, http://www.coolermaster.nl/shop/product_info.php?produc...
they are out there so your saved :) 
Edit, Although remember if you plug it into a usb 2.0 socket, you will only have 2.0 speeds

Moto
a b B Homebuilt system
January 4, 2012 1:21:37 PM

Galoeh said:
Hello,

I recently built a computer and found out I had some loose cables left on the inside. After a littlebit of searching around I found that it was the F 20-pin usb 3.0 cable from the front pannel.

My motherboard doesn't have such a plug-in So I need a cable that has one input for a Female 20-pin connector and has to be split up into two usb 2.0 intern (I believe it's 10 pin or it was 10 with one missing so, 9) connectors. I can't find such a cable anywhere on the internet.

Any Idea where I can get such a cable or any other suggestions? It's such a waste not to use the front pannel usb 3.

Thank you very much.

No such cable exists, you can't convert USB 2.0 to USB 3.0
a b B Homebuilt system
January 4, 2012 3:39:42 PM

The Only way that you could use that cable with your current setup would be to install a USB 3.0 Adapter card that has an internal 20 pin connector on it. I doubt that such a thing exists because every USB 3.0 card that I have seen has only 2 USB 3.0 ports each of which is accessed via a standard USB 3.0 connector.

The USB 3.0 Standard defines additional pins on the connector compared to USB 2.0. Therefore, even though the USB 3.0 standsard is backward compatible with USB 2.0, the standard itself has different requirements and USB 3.0 functionality requires the extra pins and wires to be present. Take a look at hte following article for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_3.0
a b B Homebuilt system
January 4, 2012 6:07:23 PM

^I was working on the assumption that the ports were unused therefore wasted, the solution I gave will allow the Op to use those ports, albeit at the reduced 2.0 speed,
*has to be split up into two usb 2.0 intern * was my brief and thats what I worked to
You could use the pci usb3.0 cards, but as you said, you'll need an adaptor from that to the frontpanel cable, too much messing around and too many cables to my eyes hehe
Moto
February 3, 2012 10:31:13 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
^I was working on the assumption that the ports were unused therefore wasted, the solution I gave will allow the Op to use those ports, albeit at the reduced 2.0 speed,
*has to be split up into two usb 2.0 intern * was my brief and thats what I worked to
You could use the pci usb3.0 cards, but as you said, you'll need an adaptor from that to the frontpanel cable, too muh messing around and too many cables to my eyes hehe
Moto

Here's a link to it in the US store. After I spent so much time finding this piece, I am linking it in every thread with a question like this for future googlers

http://cmstore.coolermaster-usa.com/product_info.php?pr...

Keep in mind, this is an internal 19/20 pin usb header to 2x usb 3.0 male plugs. This is primarily for somebody that has USB 3.0 support on the back I/O, but not an internal header (like the ASRock extreme3 gen3) I can't claim this will work properly on a usb 2.0 port, and if it does, it would not operate at USB 3.0 speeds.
a b B Homebuilt system
February 4, 2012 12:52:32 PM

spazmatic said:
Here's a link to it in the US store. After I spent so much time finding this piece, I am linking it in every thread with a question like this for future googlers

http://cmstore.coolermaster-usa.com/product_info.php?pr...

Keep in mind, this is an internal 19/20 pin usb header to 2x usb 3.0 male plugs. This is primarily for somebody that has USB 3.0 support on the back I/O, but not an internal header (like the ASRock extreme3 gen3) I can't claim this will work properly on a usb 2.0 port, and if it does, it would not operate at USB 3.0 speeds.

Great that you're trying to be helpful.

You feel the need to link it in all related threads ?
You don't think that Google will be able to find it in this thread ?
Wouldn't it be better for everyone if they didn't have to sift thru numerous threads to find what they are looking for ?
Or, do you just like seeing your screen nic spread around the internet ?

It's the not the answer to the original question in this thread , what's the point ?
!