Did I configure my SSD Right?

djsnipy

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2010
Yesterday i recieved and installed my Kingston HyperX 120gb SSD. Im getting very confused on what things go where for example, i want my SSD to only be the boot drive and not act as the main drive. At the moment everything is default going to my SSD which i dont want. I want my hard drive to be default and the SSD to be the boot drive and act as a secondary drive for any games/programs that i want to put on it. Heres some photos, help would be greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/a/hBqLg

Chaz21

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
It looks from your pictures that the SSD is your boot drive (C).
If programs are installing on it then you are allowing them to do that by not specifying where you want them to install.
Almost all programs default to the "C" drive unless you change it during the installation process. Some must be installed on the boot drive in order to work and they won't give you that option.

djsnipy

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2010
Any way i can make the programs automatically go to the seagate? Basically what im saying is i want the SSD to boot the system up but not have the users file in the SSD.

Chaz21

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

I don't think so. That's part of the OS. Unfortunately you'll have to install your programs as I suggested above and even then windows will install links, registry listings and god knows what else on the "C" drive. I don't think it could be avoided (at least I don't know of a way). Maybe someone else will respond and teach us both something. :)