System Image not finding HDD

Braca

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
I just built my first computer on Friday. As the Newegg video I was using as a guide suggested I made a system image shortly after I got it running but before I put much on, like Steam or any games for example. It went fine that time and found my HDD (I use an SSD for my OS, Steam, and games).

Now, a couple days and a few programs latter, I wanted to try using the automatic overclocking function that my ASUS P8Z68-V Pro motherboard has. I figured before I do that I'd make a new system image. The problem is that when I go to do so the system image can't find my HDD and only gives me the option to back up to a disc. I haven't tried reformatting yet, but that wouldn't be a big deal as there really isn't anything on there yet.

Any ideas?

milleung

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
Hi, Sorry i don't have a solution for you. But i wanted to say that is the exact same problem i have. I also followed Paul from Newegg when building my computer yesterday. I wonder if it had to do with the certain sata ports the hard drive was plugged into. Hopefully someone provides an answer.