Motherboard fans arent being recognized

theycallmemini

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
I'm working on a computer for a friend who said it looked like they were having a power issue. It turned out to be the PSU so I replaced the TigerPro with a CM Elite 350. The Mobo is an MS 6712 Ver: 10a. Thats about all I know...he didnt say or know where they got it. If I'm reading correctly the CPU Is clocked at 1.5 and after looking up the PSU I'm guessing its fairly old.

I got it running yesterday and let it just stay on the windows login just to see if anything happened. Everything turned out fine so I opened it to clean it(Dust Remover). Got done with that and was tighening all the screws and now I get a message that says "CPU fan not running!" So what happened? I actually tried to plug the fan in another computer and it works fine right off the other mobo. I tried the same fan in another slot on the original mobo and it also doesn't work. Did all the fan connectors just take a *** or what? I thought about trying to get SpeedFan but will that help?

Drew

I have this in the CPU thread as well but I'm not really sure now where to put it. Since I've figured out that plugging the same fan into another mobo works I'm thinking its the mobo...

This happens when no fan is connected to the CPU_FAN header on the motherboard, or if a fan is connected, it does not report its RPM.

theycallmemini

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013

Any suggestion on how to get it to recognize the rpm?