Want to upgrade case to mid but connectors to front do not match up with mb. cas

myboysjj

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013
want to upgrade hp case to mid size case but hp has single connectors from front ports and all cases i know of have separate cables. 9 usb, mic, sound , on and restart. was this mb used so you couoldn't change the case?

myboysjj

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013

hp 6330f is computer. the mb is iona-gl8

Okay, you may be stuck there, I'm sure I could walk you through figuring out what would go where but it would seem some interesting rewiring would need to be done. Not absolutely impossible but not a straight forward task either. You would need a multi-meter, and a camera and be somewhat adept at electrical connections and photography. The USB and sound appear to be standard connectors, the power and reset would be the tricky ones (from what I can tell)
BTW, this isn't helpful here but here's a link to your Manuals (guides, supplements, addendums, etc) http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&lang=en&cc=us&docIndexId=64180&taskId=120&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=4079858 - a good thing to have if you don't already

myboysjj

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013

ok thanks for your help. i'll stare at it a while and maybe it'll come to me. if not heres a computer shop just down the road.hate to admit defeat but don't want to totally mess up computer that is running ok.

An option might be to remove the start/reset buttons from the HP case (usually the whole assembly is mounted with screws and easily removed) and mount it somewhere you have access to using it like a front panel bay or something. Minor case modding might be needed but that would seem rather straight forward, at least more so than figuring out the buttons

myboysjj

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013
thanks for your help. i think i've decieded to get new mb and would only need to replace os. nothing on computer that can't be saved or readded. this way i won't possibly ruin either set up