New Computer Build - ASRock Z77 Extreme4

theasian

Honorable
Dec 18, 2012
Today my mobo came in for my rebuild of my computer. I had bought an HP and was reconstructing it from the ground up (I guess you could call it my first "build"). I bought my motherboard and cpu together. Installed cpu into motherboard, motherboard into computer, etc. I hooked everything up and when I turned it on, it took me to the specs screen. I clicked ok and it booted until it got to the "Starting Windows" screen. The first two dots would appear and about 1/2 a second after that, computer goes into a reboot loop, same thing minus the specs screen.

The only diference between last time it booted correctly and this time it booted incorrectly, was the mobo and cpu.

Looked at a few forums and tried to see if it was the ram being faulty, doing each stick individually, no help there.

I have ran out of ideas, any help is much appreciated, thanks.

Specs: ASRock Z77 Extreme4
intel i5 3570k
evga gtx 550 ti
seagate 750 gb hard drive (7200 rpm)
corsair 550

Solution
The only way around it is by buying a new hard drive to install a new version of windows 7 on. Other than that, it's wipe your drive. SO money vs information.

theasian

Honorable
Dec 18, 2012

I don't have a spare hard drive and I also don't want to wipe my current drive. Is there anyway I can get around a clean install?

ajvkorn

Distinguished
May 6, 2011
The only way around it is by buying a new hard drive to install a new version of windows 7 on. Other than that, it's wipe your drive. SO money vs information.

Solution

theasian

Honorable
Dec 18, 2012

Thanks, I guess I'll wipe it, only a year old, not too much on it. Thanks anyways!

PrinceVampiro

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
Yeah. You def have to wipe the drive and do a clean install. Because the windows that came with your HP is the OEM version that is basically locked to the HP motherboard. Also if you switch from AMD to Intel you basically have to do a wipe and clean install as well because of the difference in hardware/drivers. You will most likely need a whole new copy of windows with a new product key because I doubt the OEM windows for the HP motherboard will work at all.

Nearly 100% sure this is your issue.

paotxdju0

Honorable
Feb 24, 2013
I tried as hard as possible to look for a solution myself but wasn't able to.
27.jpg