Sign in with
Your question

I built a new computer using a dx79sr mobo processor is a i7-3930k now i cant lo

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Computers
  • Intel i7
  • Processors
Last response: in Motherboards
February 23, 2013 6:27:10 AM

I built a comuter from scatch. my mobo is a dx79sr, processor i7-3930k, 2 hard drives one is ssd, computer boots and shows bios screen and then goes blue with a 0_in the bottom right hand corner. I can go no further, it is stuck there, won't load new windows 7.

More about : built computer dx79sr mobo processor 3930k

a b V Motherboard
February 23, 2013 6:46:35 AM

fmcard12659 said:
I built a comuter from scatch. my mobo is a dx79sr, processor i7-3930k, 2 hard drives one is ssd, computer boots and shows bios screen and then goes blue with a 0_in the bottom right hand corner. I can go no further, it is stuck there, won't load new windows 7.

Was the windows installation done on this PC ? Intel says that your mobo requires an additional Graphics card to commence.Do you have one ?
m
l
February 23, 2013 6:50:46 AM

SPEED94 said:
Was the windows installation done on this PC ? Intel says that your mobo requires an additional Graphics card to commence.Do you have one ?

yes, gigabyte hd7870
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a c 559 V Motherboard
February 23, 2013 7:07:42 AM

Have you installed Windows with SATA set to IDE and then switched to AHCI, or viceversa?
m
l
February 23, 2013 7:24:04 AM

alexoiu said:
Have you installed Windows with SATA set to IDE and then switched to AHCI, or viceversa?

I had not tried IDE so I changed the setting, still nothing and now I cannot get back into the bios to change it back
m
l
a c 559 V Motherboard
February 23, 2013 8:50:21 AM

Try clearing the CMOS (unplug the power cord and remove the CMOS battery for few minutes). Remove the SSD and one HDD and try starting with only one HDD connected.
m
l
February 23, 2013 8:59:33 AM

alexoiu said:
Try clearing the CMOS (unplug the power cord and remove the CMOS battery for few minutes). Remove the SSD and one HDD and try starting with only one HDD connected.

I am done with this mobo, it's junk, this is the second one I have tried. You would think Intel would make a great product, but it seems to me they are just out to make the buck. The support from Intel was horrible, and I have read page after page of instructions from thier web site, this mobo just isn't any good. I will attempt to get my money back from where I bought it, but as far as I am concerned it is just plain junk!
Thanks for the help.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
February 23, 2013 12:31:43 PM

fmcard12659 said:
I am done with this mobo, it's junk, this is the second one I have tried. You would think Intel would make a great product, but it seems to me they are just out to make the buck. The support from Intel was horrible, and I have read page after page of instructions from thier web site, this mobo just isn't any good. I will attempt to get my money back from where I bought it, but as far as I am concerned it is just plain junk!
Thanks for the help.

Since you have raised the topic ...................
Intel is widely (for me the word's only :D  ) known for its world class microprocessors which beat amd processors of same generation performance per clock wise via its extraordinary micro-architecture. This does not applies to thier motherboards , as far as personal experience is concerned , no offense.
Try something by Asus or AsRock. They are great.
But yeah, the truth is truth. Your problem does not seem to be their manufacturing fault. :non:  If anyone's help here in the forums does not prove much useful try someone nearby you who has knowledge on this.After all I do not think you will get your bucks back.
m
l
!