I built a new computer using a dx79sr mobo processor is a i7-3930k now i cant lo

I built a comuter from scatch. my mobo is a dx79sr, processor i7-3930k, 2 hard drives one is ssd, computer boots and shows bios screen and then goes blue with a 0_in the bottom right hand corner. I can go no further, it is stuck there, won't load new windows 7.
7 answers Last reply
More about built computer dx79sr mobo processor 3930k
  1. fmcard12659 said:
    I built a comuter from scatch. my mobo is a dx79sr, processor i7-3930k, 2 hard drives one is ssd, computer boots and shows bios screen and then goes blue with a 0_in the bottom right hand corner. I can go no further, it is stuck there, won't load new windows 7.


    Was the windows installation done on this PC ? Intel says that your mobo requires an additional Graphics card to commence.Do you have one ?
  2. SPEED94 said:
    Was the windows installation done on this PC ? Intel says that your mobo requires an additional Graphics card to commence.Do you have one ?

    yes, gigabyte hd7870
  3. Have you installed Windows with SATA set to IDE and then switched to AHCI, or viceversa?
  4. alexoiu said:
    Have you installed Windows with SATA set to IDE and then switched to AHCI, or viceversa?

    I had not tried IDE so I changed the setting, still nothing and now I cannot get back into the bios to change it back
  5. Try clearing the CMOS (unplug the power cord and remove the CMOS battery for few minutes). Remove the SSD and one HDD and try starting with only one HDD connected.
  6. alexoiu said:
    Try clearing the CMOS (unplug the power cord and remove the CMOS battery for few minutes). Remove the SSD and one HDD and try starting with only one HDD connected.

    I am done with this mobo, it's junk, this is the second one I have tried. You would think Intel would make a great product, but it seems to me they are just out to make the buck. The support from Intel was horrible, and I have read page after page of instructions from thier web site, this mobo just isn't any good. I will attempt to get my money back from where I bought it, but as far as I am concerned it is just plain junk!
    Thanks for the help.
  7. fmcard12659 said:
    I am done with this mobo, it's junk, this is the second one I have tried. You would think Intel would make a great product, but it seems to me they are just out to make the buck. The support from Intel was horrible, and I have read page after page of instructions from thier web site, this mobo just isn't any good. I will attempt to get my money back from where I bought it, but as far as I am concerned it is just plain junk!
    Thanks for the help.


    Since you have raised the topic ...................
    Intel is widely (for me the word's only :D ) known for its world class microprocessors which beat amd processors of same generation performance per clock wise via its extraordinary micro-architecture. This does not applies to thier motherboards , as far as personal experience is concerned , no offense.
    Try something by Asus or AsRock. They are great.
    But yeah, the truth is truth. Your problem does not seem to be their manufacturing fault. :non: If anyone's help here in the forums does not prove much useful try someone nearby you who has knowledge on this.After all I do not think you will get your bucks back.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Computers Intel i7 Processors