Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Low voltage on the 3.3v+ line

Last response: in Components
April 14, 2012 8:29:40 PM

I've got an Asus mobo and the software that comes with it monitors voltage and all sorts of other details.

When there is an issue a warning message pops up on screen; over the last few days I've been getting warnings that the voltage is low on the 3.3v+ line of my PSU. (ranges from 2.xx to 1.xx v instead of the 3.3)

Is this an indication that my PSU is dying? Gaming and OCing my pc all work fine and every thing is stable.

More about : low voltage line

a c 1174 ) Power supply
April 14, 2012 9:37:09 PM

If you're using AI Suite II, then it's probably the software. You should use a multimeter to confirm that the +3.3V rail is actually running within spec.

What's the motherboard model?
Score
April 16, 2012 1:07:49 AM

I am using the AI suite II, why do you say it's the software.

The model is M5A99X EVO
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a c 1174 ) Power supply
April 16, 2012 1:30:06 AM

When using AI Suite II I have encountered erroneous readings from the motherboard's sensor chip if a certain BIOS overclocking feature like CPU Load-Line Calibration is set too aggressively.

I've seen negative CPU and/or motherboard temperature readings, rails with zero voltage or ... even though the system is otherwise working without any problems.

Selecting a less aggressive CPU Load-Line Calibration setting reduced the voltage spikes that were causing the error or warning pop-ups from AI Suite II.

I have also found that using any other monitoring software will interfere with AI Suite II's ability to read from the sensor chip and will also cause AI Suite II to throw error or warning pop-ups.
April 16, 2012 2:35:07 AM

By other monitoring software do you mean programs like as HW monitor and core temp and MSI afterburner?
Score
a c 1174 ) Power supply
April 16, 2012 2:36:54 AM

bobusboy said:
By other monitoring software do you mean programs like as HW monitor and core temp and MSI afterburner?

Yes.
Score
April 16, 2012 3:11:09 AM

Best answer selected by bobusboy.
Score
April 16, 2012 3:11:26 AM

Thanks.
Score
a b ) Power supply
April 16, 2012 3:53:52 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score