ASUS p8z77-v lk motherboard no network connection

lionheartyoung

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
I have this weird problem since last December. The computer won't find the ethernet connection. I have a ethernet cable connected from the LAN port of my router to the ethernet port of the computer. But there is no LED light on showing the cable is connected.
I sent the motherboard back to ASUS, and they sent it back with no explanation (Probably they think the motherboard is OK).
The strange thing is that the network worked for about 2 minutes when I assembly the motherboard and other things together. Then it failed again. No LED light at the ethernet port.
Please help. I just couldn't understand this

lionheartyoung

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
Also, when I disconnect the powercord of the computer for a while (more than 30 minutes for example), then the network is back to connection (the LED light blinks at the ethernet port) for a little while, maybe 5 minutes. Then suddenly there is no connection. The LED lights at the router side and the ethernet port are off.

lionheartyoung

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
Thanks. Install the new driver as you suggested.
Same thing happens. After the new driver installed, the network worked for 5 minutes, then the LED lights were off, and no network.
If I disconnect the powercord from the computer (NOT just shut down) and reboot again, then the network works for ~5 mins, then no connection again.