No power =[help

ziggie2nd

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013
ok so i have just ordered a new pc and i get it all put together ad try to touch those 2 pins to power it up and it wont power up at all ? here are the peices
Corsair XMS3 4 GB 1333MHz PC3-10666 240-pin DDR3 Memory Kit for Core i3 i5 i7 and CMX4GX3M1A1333C9 X2
Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 500w Power Supply (RS500-PCARD3-US)
EVGA GeForce GTX660 2048MB GDDR5 192-Bit, Dual DVI-D, HDMI, DP and 3-Way SLI Ready GPU Graphics Cards
AMD Phenom II X4 965 AM3 3.4Ghz 512KB 45NM 125W 4000MHZ
Gigabyte AM3+ AMD DDR3 1333 760G HDMI USB 3.0 Micro ATX Motherboard GA-78LMT-USB3
im pretty sure i had everything put in right and firm so would aprecciate som help please

Solution
,, just this month I have my PSU Thermaltake 730W SmartPower repaired after my rig completely stopped functioning at the middle of watching movie with the fans still working albeit with lower noise than usual and the LEDS showing up lights as well, I wasn't able to boot my PC successfully after virtually trying to swap all parts (luckily I have spares from processors to boards to mems to disks) and one thing important I was missing during those teeth-biting moments was the all-important boot sound such that I start to suspect the PSU as the likely culprit, so I swapped in the Antec Basiq 500 (acquired it at amazon secondhand) and voila, the short beep pops out and my PC was up and running again,, and at the service center, it shows that...

Do the fans work at all? Any light on the mb? If not sounds like a dead psu. CM and TT have had some bad psu's laterly. I would try for a Antec, Seasonic, Corsair, XFX, or PC Power and Cooling.

ziggie2nd

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013
no nothing no lights or nothing but when i first tried to turn it on with the pins there was one tiny spark i belive but it didnt power on or no lights andthen i couldnt see a tiny spark when i tried the pins again

TenPc

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
Touching "those pins" is not for the beginner, you would have been better to just connect the PWR BTN connector to the motherboard and then pushed the on/off button on the front of the PC.

If you saw a spark then you touched the wrong pins! it could be that you have blown or shorted a circuit on the motherboard. Any sparks means that you have done someting wrong, it's not like using the jumper cables on the car battery, you are not supposed to see SPARKS in the PC...!!!

Mar 19, 2012
,, just this month I have my PSU Thermaltake 730W SmartPower repaired after my rig completely stopped functioning at the middle of watching movie with the fans still working albeit with lower noise than usual and the LEDS showing up lights as well, I wasn't able to boot my PC successfully after virtually trying to swap all parts (luckily I have spares from processors to boards to mems to disks) and one thing important I was missing during those teeth-biting moments was the all-important boot sound such that I start to suspect the PSU as the likely culprit, so I swapped in the Antec Basiq 500 (acquired it at amazon secondhand) and voila, the short beep pops out and my PC was up and running again,, and at the service center, it shows that the psu provides very low power

@ziggie2nd : try switching psu and check for the BIOS boot queues

so @jnkweaver might be correct: the small-dented secondhand Antec works just fine while the Thermaltake one spends some warranty time,

Solution