Stormblade

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2001
Hey all,

I'm at wits end here. I set up a RAID array. I'm using the ATTO ExpressPCI dual channel SCSI RAID controller. I am able to install Windows 2000 onto the array with no problems. Then when it tried to actually boot into Windows I get a BSOD and that INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error.

Anyone have any suggestions? How can I install it fine on the drives and then not be able to access it later?

The worth of your opinion is in direct proportion to the number of people who have asked for it

Stormblade

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2001
I solved the problem. Guess I needed some sleep. Here's what happened. During setup Windows asks if I need to set up any additional devices. I hit F6 and then insert my driver diskette. All's well and good. This loads it in memory. Now, when it came time to copy the drivers to the hard drive I encountered a problem. I put the same disk back in but Windows couldn't find a file. I then noticed that I'd gotten TWO diskette and wrongly assumed that the other one must be the one. I looked at it and it did have the file that Windows was looking for so I used it.

Bad move because as I figured out not too long ago, this diskette contained drivers for fibre channel support. So yup, when windows tried to boot up it thought it had the right drivers but didn't. So what I ended up doing was going to the site as was suggested and downloading their 1.63 version drivers (1.62 is what came with it). I didn't see any utilities or anything to flash the bios on the card so I decided to try just the diskette and lo and behold it worked!

So I'm happily re-configuring my system now and hopefully soon I'll be ready to make it my main. :)

-
The worth of your opinion is in direct proportion to the number of people who have asked for it