Will this Gateway run Skyrim? Please help!

Gateway FX6860-UR20P Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-2600 3.4GHz, 8GB DDR3, 1.5TB HDD, ATI Radeon HD 6750, DVDRW, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit $899.00

Really need help finding a pre-built pc to run Skyrim for my teenaged son...will this play it and, if so, what settings? I would love to build my own, but just can't right now. So any suggestions or links to pre-builts would be soooo appreciated!!! My budget is $900. or less and we do not need monitors, or any other accessories. Thanks so much!
5 answers Last reply
More about will gateway skyrim help
  1. I'm not sure at what frame rate and settings it will run Skyrim at, but it will definitively run Skyrim.

If your doing a 1080 HD monitor you can get a high detail at ~30 fps.

check out these benchmarks. your card is just slightly more powerful then GT 240.

2. I think that it is worth getting a card you like that will get you ultra setting, but that is just me. I went gtx 570, but you pay alot more for prebuilts with a card like that. you can put together a good build with some forum guidance and this site helps.

3. Thanks for the replies...I would love to build my own, but just can't right now, so I am just going to buy a pre-built and hopefully upgrade the graphics later on if need be. I am planning on buying a new monitor a couple of months down the road. Will one be better than another for running mostly high graphic games? I am looking at getting an led monitor.
  4. Hi, That PC will run Skyrim if you can't put your own system together, I use the HD5750 (same as the HD6750) and play on high Detail, 1920x1200. And my CPU is weaker, a its a AMD 720BE @3.4.
  5. Thank you so much, I was worried about ordering it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Prebuilt Gateway Skyrim Systems