Sign in with
Your question

Can Diamond Thermal Paste damage your processor?

Last response: in Components
April 15, 2012 6:41:26 AM

Can thermal paste containing diamond damage your processor? Such as this antec forumla nano 6 compound: http://www.frys.com/product/6828656?site=sa:adpages%20p... it's 4 bucks and I figure it's probably better than the stock cooler master compound that comes with teh 212 evo. And I need some moar compo9und! :D 
April 15, 2012 6:56:50 AM

no, it should be fine. I wouldn't be convinced it will be btter than the stock cooler master stuff, but even if its worse, it won't be by much.

thermal compound really doesn't make that much difference. I used to use bulk stuff from jars that were used in electrical companies for their internal voltage regulators. the stuff looked like grey slop. when i switched to mx2 eventually, i only saw a temp drop of about 3 degrees.
m
l
April 15, 2012 7:23:47 AM

Well, I really just need some extra paste because I ran out of the cooler master stuff. Is the antec thermal coumpound good, or does it look reasonable for $4?
m
l
Related resources
April 15, 2012 12:01:03 PM

for 4 dollars I don't see how it could possibly not be worth it. I still tend to go for the expensive stuff now, just to get those last few degrees off (and it would be sill to use crappy TIM in a multiblock waterloop), but that stuff will certainly do the job.
m
l
!