Motherboard install/boot stuck

Skittluier

Honorable
Feb 24, 2013
Hello,

I just bought a few weeks ago stuff for my PC and 1 of those things is the ASRock Z77 Extreme 4.
You know that I was very happy with my fast motherboard, but when I tried to boot Windows, it stucked at the loading screen.

My cousin said to me I need to re-install Windows, so I took a original Windows XP install disc annd tried to install Windows, but it crashed and ended with a blue screen and a pci.sys error.

So my next try was to install Windows 7 at my PC, but that stucked at the Windows 7 load screen.

I asked very much professional people to check the problem, but they didn't solve it. Also I checked this forum on answers, but none of them helped.

I hope you as community can help me out of this problem.

These are my PC specs:

Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
Graphic card: AMD Radeon HD7770
CPU: Intel Core i5

I'm looking forward to your reactions!

---
PS: My apologies for some mistakes in my words. I'm writing this article on my mobile.

with a new motherboard make sure you have the bios updates installed before you load a new os. in the bios make sure xmp profile for the ram is turned on. and your hard drives and connected to the intel sata ports and there set to achi mode. if your having issue i would also remove the gpu and use the onboard gpu till you have all the updated drivers. with windows xp and windows 7 use the f6 install and install the intel chipset drivers for the z77 chipset. if you want also install the sound/network and video drivers inf file.

Skittluier

Honorable
Feb 24, 2013
Thanks. I will try it later and give the results.
-------------------------

I already had defragged my harddrive and that didn't helped.
-------------------------

I can"t find the xmp profiles in my BIOS. Where is it exactly?

on page 56 on the mb guild.
DRAM Timing Configuration
Load XMP Setting
Use this to load XMP setting. Configuration options: [Auto], [Default], [Profile
1] and [Profile 2]. The default value is [Auto]
also set it for profile one.

Skittluier

Honorable
Feb 24, 2013

I followed your steps, but I didn't find XMP.