Can no longer repeat a keystroke by holding key down

While in Word, I accidentally held down one of the keys
(probably the Ctrl key) for a long period of time. I got
a message asking about a feature associated with this and
apparently I responded the wrong way, because now I
cannot hold the delete key or back space or arrow keys to
move more than one space at a time.
I have looked all over for the answer. If anyone can
help, I'd appreciate it.
1 answer Last reply
More about longer repeat keystroke holding down

    "Marie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding
    > While in Word, I accidentally held down one of the keys
    > (probably the Ctrl key) for a long period of time. I got
    > a message asking about a feature associated with this and
    > apparently I responded the wrong way, because now I
    > cannot hold the delete key or back space or arrow keys to
    > move more than one space at a time.
    > I have looked all over for the answer. If anyone can
    > help, I'd appreciate it.

    Open "Accessibility Options" in Control Panel. On the keyboard tab, under
    FilterKeys, deselect the "Use FilterKeys" check box.

    Did this help ? :)

    If not, take a look at: http://tinyurl.com/4qm97

    --
    Leif Nordland