NEED ONE DESKTOP TO RUN AND PRINTER THAT 2 DESKTOPS,1 LAPTOP

:hello: Can anyone help me build the right desktop for its job?
I have 2 desktops (we call them d1 and d2) and a laptop that all have to go though d1 to print. Now d1 runs programs and internet for employes and d2 is 1 employ that does the accounting and vary little internet. The laptop is does internet and plays dvds. d1 runs slow well doing anything and I think it slows down the other computers some times. I wont to replace d1. Can I get advice on buying a motherboard,cpu,ram,power supplie, and hard drive for a desktop computer to do (what ia listed above) all this and run smooth and fast. I would like to spend $300 or less but can go as much as $700. I dont wont a server. I have a small business of 5 employee's.
Grnbeanaz
6 answers Last reply
More about need desktop printer desktops laptop
  1. What type of programs is the desktop running? And do you have any preferences on what parts you get?
  2. is it a usb printer? you can get usb to network devices that should make the printer a network printer, or buy a network printer, would be cheaper than a PC?
  3. my guess is you want a quad core with hyperthreading... an i7 920 may be a little old but its still a great cpu... it should cost less than a i5 2600... all in your probably looking at 400 minimum for motherboard cpu and ram... regardles of whether you choose a quad i5 or an older i7...
  4. It honestly all depends on what he will doing with it, programs is too broad; If he has programs that utilise hyperthreading I might recommend an i7, if hes running micosoft paint an i3 would suffice.
  5. HEXiT said:
    my guess is you want a quad core with hyperthreading... an i7 920 may be a little old but its still a great cpu... it should cost less than a i5 2600... all in your probably looking at 400 minimum for motherboard cpu and ram... regardles of whether you choose a quad i5 or an older i7...

Quote:
    I thank you for your response on my ?. hyperthreeading is for sure what i need, I will find a i7 920 to buy but i still need a motherboard to accommodate the CPU at its fullest. What do you suggest here? My OS is ging to be win7 64 bit.
  6. holykalo said:
    It honestly all depends on what he will doing with it, programs is too broad; If he has programs that utilise hyperthreading I might recommend an i7, if hes running micosoft paint an i3 would suffice.
    Quote:
    Thank you for your reply. I'm defently going to buy the i7. now i need a motherboard and memory type and gigs I should buy to make it all come together. My OS is going to be win7 64bit pro.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Laptops Desktops Internet