Sign in with
Your question

NEED ONE DESKTOP TO RUN AND PRINTER THAT 2 DESKTOPS,1 LAPTOP

Last response: in CPUs
April 15, 2012 8:57:40 AM

:hello:  Can anyone help me build the right desktop for its job?
I have 2 desktops (we call them d1 and d2) and a laptop that all have to go though d1 to print. Now d1 runs programs and internet for employes and d2 is 1 employ that does the accounting and vary little internet. The laptop is does internet and plays dvds. d1 runs slow well doing anything and I think it slows down the other computers some times. I wont to replace d1. Can I get advice on buying a motherboard,cpu,ram,power supplie, and hard drive for a desktop computer to do (what ia listed above) all this and run smooth and fast. I would like to spend $300 or less but can go as much as $700. I dont wont a server. I have a small business of 5 employee's.
Grnbeanaz
April 15, 2012 4:11:44 PM

What type of programs is the desktop running? And do you have any preferences on what parts you get?
m
l
a c 82 à CPUs
a b D Laptop
April 15, 2012 4:49:05 PM

is it a usb printer? you can get usb to network devices that should make the printer a network printer, or buy a network printer, would be cheaper than a PC?
m
l
Related resources
a c 119 à CPUs
a b D Laptop
April 15, 2012 6:34:40 PM

my guess is you want a quad core with hyperthreading... an i7 920 may be a little old but its still a great cpu... it should cost less than a i5 2600... all in your probably looking at 400 minimum for motherboard cpu and ram... regardles of whether you choose a quad i5 or an older i7...

m
l
April 15, 2012 9:00:29 PM

It honestly all depends on what he will doing with it, programs is too broad; If he has programs that utilise hyperthreading I might recommend an i7, if hes running micosoft paint an i3 would suffice.
m
l
April 20, 2012 10:37:42 PM

HEXiT said:
my guess is you want a quad core with hyperthreading... an i7 920 may be a little old but its still a great cpu... it should cost less than a i5 2600... all in your probably looking at 400 minimum for motherboard cpu and ram... regardles of whether you choose a quad i5 or an older i7...

Quote:
I thank you for your response on my ?. hyperthreeading is for sure what i need, I will find a i7 920 to buy but i still need a motherboard to accommodate the CPU at its fullest. What do you suggest here? My OS is ging to be win7 64 bit.
m
l
April 20, 2012 10:43:07 PM

holykalo said:
It honestly all depends on what he will doing with it, programs is too broad; If he has programs that utilise hyperthreading I might recommend an i7, if hes running micosoft paint an i3 would suffice.
Quote:
Thank you for your reply. I'm defently going to buy the i7. now i need a motherboard and memory type and gigs I should buy to make it all come together. My OS is going to be win7 64bit pro.

m
l
!