Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Palit or inno3d

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
November 7, 2011 1:57:50 AM

hi guys. i've been looking for a good GeForce GTS 450. it turns out the only available ones here are from palit and inno3d. are these only brands or is one better than the other? i know inno3d comes with a 6-pin adapter which really comes in handy, but which of the two is better? thanks.

More about : palit inno3d

a c 189 U Graphics card
November 7, 2011 2:58:23 AM

Isn't any other brand? EVGA? ASUS?
m
0
l
November 7, 2011 4:54:05 AM

wa1 said:
Isn't any other brand? EVGA? ASUS?

i found an EVGA but it's the superclocked version. and im on a tight budget.
m
0
l
Related resources
November 7, 2011 5:02:41 AM

[/quote]
AlfaM03 said:
hi guys. i've been looking for a good GeForce GTS 450. it turns out the only available ones here are from palit and inno3d. are these only brands or is one better than the other? i know inno3d comes with a 6-pin adapter which really comes in handy, but which of the two is better? thanks.


It should be fine as long as they come with good warranty period. If the warranty period with 3 years should be good enough as you will upgrade to better within next couple of year.
m
0
l
November 7, 2011 12:46:09 PM

simple aswer to your simple question inno3d or palit

palit
m
0
l
November 7, 2011 6:50:37 PM

pell380 said:
simple aswer to your simple question inno3d or palit

palit

i'v heard u get a lot of crashes with inno3d that's why most choose palit. is this true?
m
0
l
a c 189 U Graphics card
November 7, 2011 11:20:34 PM

Well, if you really on a tight budget then get that Palit, at least from many reviews I saw Palit is better than Inno3D. But still, I would prefer EVGA. :) 
Just make sure the manufacture give you enough warranty.
m
0
l
November 7, 2011 11:30:41 PM

wa1 said:
Well, if you really on a tight budget then get that Palit, at least from many reviews I saw Palit is better than Inno3D. But still, I would prefer EVGA. :) 
Just make sure the manufacture give you enough warranty.

thank you. will keep that in mind. :)  may i ask what advantage EVGA has?
m
0
l
a c 189 U Graphics card
November 8, 2011 12:52:23 AM

It's simple, because EVGA generally has better quality than Palit or Inno3D. :) 
You can search in the internet about those cards and you'll find that EVGA has many good reviews.
m
0
l
November 8, 2011 6:00:21 AM

wa1 said:
It's simple, because EVGA generally has better quality than Palit or Inno3D. :) 
You can search in the internet about those cards and you'll find that EVGA has many good reviews.


yes. i've seen the reviews on evga. it DOES have better quality. i've heard of a FORSA GTS 450 as well here. do you have anything on that? haven't seen reviews on the forsa brand.
m
0
l
November 8, 2011 9:52:41 AM

Forsa is fine just don't expect it to be EVGA or Asus quality. They're a relatively silent graphics solution brand (founded in Hong Kong) which has been around for quite some time (since 1998). They do alot of OEM supplies and their cards mostly use reference coolers. Performance is identical to the reference units.
Similar to Leadtek, these will be the cheapest solutions you can get and do the job just fine. Just don't expect much overclocking, their components aren't as "cherry-picked". Volt-modding? Not recommended.
Had Forsa's Geforce 6xxxx series GPUs back then and they do the job just fine. ;) 
m
0
l
November 8, 2011 9:56:35 AM

100100 said:
Forsa is fine just don't expect it to be EVGA or Asus quality. They're a relatively silent graphics solution brand (founded in Hong Kong) which has been around for quite some time (since 1998). They do alot of OEM supplies and their cards mostly use reference coolers. Performance is identical to the reference units.
Similar to Leadtek, these will be the cheapest solutions you can get and do the job just fine. Just don't expect much overclocking, their components aren't as "cherry-picked". Volt-modding? Not recommended.
Had Forsa's Geforce 6xxxx series GPUs back then and they do the job just fine. ;) 


it nice to hear from a person you used forsa before. thanks for that. :)  but how are the overclocking capabilities of palit. coz i'll probably be getting it.
m
0
l

Best solution

November 8, 2011 11:14:40 AM

When I think Palit, I think robot frog and funky orange cooler. :lol: 
Palit is quite an established enthusiast brand. When it comes to overclocking, it is a pretty decent one; ~10-15% very easily. Thanks to their non-reference coolers; good thing considering their relatively low price line.
Inno3D on the other hand is no push-over. Some of their cards are known for using Artic Cooling heatsinks (iChill FreezerXSeries) which are top-notch. That, or Inno3D are plain lazy. In fact, because of these better heatsinks, they overclock very well.
While components are very important, a decent heatsink is also essential. Plain logic will tell you 2 fans will work better than 1. Copper conducts better than aluminum. That sort. :) 
Better heatsinks also demand higher prices. So, your call.
Maybe you could show which of the Palit/Inno3D GT250s which you have selected. :D 
Share
November 17, 2011 11:31:53 PM

Best answer selected by AlfaM03.
m
0
l
!