AlfaM03

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
hi guys. i've been looking for a good GeForce GTS 450. it turns out the only available ones here are from palit and inno3d. are these only brands or is one better than the other? i know inno3d comes with a 6-pin adapter which really comes in handy, but which of the two is better? thanks.

Solution
When I think Palit, I think robot frog and funky orange cooler. :lol:
Palit is quite an established enthusiast brand. When it comes to overclocking, it is a pretty decent one; ~10-15% very easily. Thanks to their non-reference coolers; good thing considering their relatively low price line.
Inno3D on the other hand is no push-over. Some of their cards are known for using Artic Cooling heatsinks (iChill FreezerXSeries) which are top-notch. That, or Inno3D are plain lazy. In fact, because of these better heatsinks, they overclock very well.
While components are very important, a decent heatsink is also essential. Plain logic will tell you 2 fans will work better than 1. Copper conducts better than aluminum. That sort. :)
Better...

tiang

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
[/quote]

It should be fine as long as they come with good warranty period. If the warranty period with 3 years should be good enough as you will upgrade to better within next couple of year.

AlfaM03

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011

thank you. will keep that in mind. :) may i ask what advantage EVGA has?

AlfaM03

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011

yes. i've seen the reviews on evga. it DOES have better quality. i've heard of a FORSA GTS 450 as well here. do you have anything on that? haven't seen reviews on the forsa brand.

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
Forsa is fine just don't expect it to be EVGA or Asus quality. They're a relatively silent graphics solution brand (founded in Hong Kong) which has been around for quite some time (since 1998). They do alot of OEM supplies and their cards mostly use reference coolers. Performance is identical to the reference units.
Similar to Leadtek, these will be the cheapest solutions you can get and do the job just fine. Just don't expect much overclocking, their components aren't as "cherry-picked". Volt-modding? Not recommended.
Had Forsa's Geforce 6xxxx series GPUs back then and they do the job just fine. ;)

AlfaM03

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011

it nice to hear from a person you used forsa before. thanks for that. :) but how are the overclocking capabilities of palit. coz i'll probably be getting it.

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
When I think Palit, I think robot frog and funky orange cooler. :lol:
Palit is quite an established enthusiast brand. When it comes to overclocking, it is a pretty decent one; ~10-15% very easily. Thanks to their non-reference coolers; good thing considering their relatively low price line.
Inno3D on the other hand is no push-over. Some of their cards are known for using Artic Cooling heatsinks (iChill FreezerXSeries) which are top-notch. That, or Inno3D are plain lazy. In fact, because of these better heatsinks, they overclock very well.
While components are very important, a decent heatsink is also essential. Plain logic will tell you 2 fans will work better than 1. Copper conducts better than aluminum. That sort. :)
Better heatsinks also demand higher prices. So, your call.
Maybe you could show which of the Palit/Inno3D GT250s which you have selected. :D

Solution