Sign in with
Your question

Just got a 5870 off ebay to crossfire with my 5970, need a little help

Last response: in Components
April 15, 2012 2:07:54 PM

I need another power cable to run from my psu to one of the cards. I have a Corsair TX750M PSU. Where can I find http://www.corsair.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/im... <that cable for sale. I've been looking online for a while and have yet to see it anywhere except Corsair's Modular Cable packages which retail at $80. I only need the one cord.
a c 667 ) Power supply
April 15, 2012 3:35:27 PM

So did you not get it with your PSU?
April 15, 2012 5:29:38 PM

Your PSU should have already have four PCI-E cables coming out of the box.
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
April 15, 2012 6:23:49 PM

you only need a 6-8 converter and they cost about 8bux... you dont need the corsair specific 1 as there a standard fitting...
a c 1105 ) Power supply
April 15, 2012 7:49:53 PM

dougr said:
Your PSU should have already have four PCI-E cables coming out of the box.

It only comes with two cables with each cable having two (6+2)-pin PCI-E connectors on them for a total of four PCI-E connectors.

The OP should contact Corsair and explain the situation and they just might be pleasantly surprised.
April 18, 2012 3:37:52 AM

If you only have 1 PCI cable your psu is messed up and you may need to contact the manufacturer if its saposed to have 2. Also you can get a molex converter and if your worried about running the molex because they're kind of ugly you can get extensions to run from the gpu to the converter so it can be out of the way
!