Sign in with
Your question

T hdcp capable and graphics card capable hdcp but cannot play Blu-Ray

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 7, 2011 8:35:37 AM

I have a new TV which is HDCP compatible, a graphics card which is also HDCP compatible but cannot output Blu-ray through HDMI cable. I have no other way of testing because i only have this one setup, but it works with DVI-VGA converter... i want my new system on HDMI though.

Does blu-ray have to be HDCP compatible? I'm not sure on my model number but its fairly new.

any ideas?

please help

TV
http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-42LK450U-42-inch-Widescreen-...

Graphics card
http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Graphics+Card...
a c 125 U Graphics card
November 7, 2011 8:51:01 AM

Are you using a normal HDMI cable?

Are you selecting HDMI via the input menu on the TV?

When connected to the TV via HDMI does it display anything at all, like your desktop ETC...?

I have a very similar setup, HD6970's and an LG Full HD TV and I've watched Blu-Rays fine, just to let you know the setup can work.
November 7, 2011 8:57:14 AM

I am using from what i can tell a normal HDMI cable lol

I am selecting the input on my TV

I can view my desktop and play games etc, but if i run a blu-ray through powerDVD8 that came with my blu-ray, it stops the film after 10 secs and says its not HDCP compliant.
Related resources
a c 125 U Graphics card
November 7, 2011 9:03:03 AM

hobomaan said:
I am using from what i can tell a normal HDMI cable lol

I am selecting the input on my TV

I can view my desktop and play games etc, but if i run a blu-ray through powerDVD8 that came with my blu-ray, it stops the film after 10 secs and says its not HDCP compliant.

I'm using PowerDVD9 and the latest drivers from AMD. Try powerDVD9 and see if that works for you, seems more like a software issue as your hardware is perfectly capable of playing blur-rays via HDMI
November 7, 2011 9:10:12 AM

I did try PowerDVD 11 but had the same problem. Are there any other Blu-ray players worth trying? because i don't understand why it plays the first 10 secs of the film and then stops.
a c 125 U Graphics card
November 7, 2011 9:32:46 AM

Your TV is HDCP compliant, your graphics card definitely is able to play Blu-Rays, AMD's drivers have been HDCP compliant for atleast 5 years, Your HDMI cable would have to be V1.1 or above which I expect it is (worth checking this though)...

HDCP is basically copy right protection so maybe try a different Blu-Ray or start the normal trouble-shooting process (different monitor/TV, different PC, another HDMI cable ETC...)
November 7, 2011 9:43:51 AM

I just used the Cyberlink BD advisor, everything passed other than "Video Connection Type: Digital (without HDCP)"
a c 125 U Graphics card
November 7, 2011 9:51:39 AM

I'm really not sure to be honest buddy, Cyberlink adviser would suggest its an issue with the HDMI cable or AMD Drivers?

I'd recommend trying a different HDMI cable if you can, other than that I'm all out of Idea's :( 
November 7, 2011 10:04:26 AM

k, thx 4 the help. I just tried a new HDMI cable and cant get anything displayed on the screen... think this one may not be hdcp codmpliant.

meh i will just stick to VGA for now, HDMI has always been a hassle for me.
!