Comuter wont load win 7 64 bit

Egypt

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
Hello,

My computer was freezing up after i load up to my desktop .. than it told me my hard drive was no good. The system had me to make back up disks. I got a new hard drive. The new hard drive is the type that allow us to transfer operating sytstem and files to new hard drive from the old one. I tried but im not sure if it hook up right. So now i have two hard drives.. i even switch it up so it boot from the new one and not the old and went back and switch it again back to the old one. This is where I'm at now.. the computer won't load to the startup screen and had me to do recovery but it not taking it. I assume i need a new operating system for the new hard and do a clean install.. but not having the installation cd with the drivers is the reason why im stuck atm. I dont have no problem erasing what there on both hard drive and starting over. The problem atm is not having the installation cd with the drivers.
If there another solution here that im overlooking, I would like to hear about it. Thank you for any help you can give me. The system is made by Gateway. Im not sure if i can get any more info on it since i cant get to the desktop to see the info needed.

vegettonox

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2006
Wait... do you not have a windows install cd or are you missing an installation cd period. If you happen to have some form of install cd you can install windows and get the drivers using a second computer from the manufacturers website, in this case gateway. You would require a cd burner, a pen drive or some other similar device to transfer the files though, you only really need to transfer the network card drivers.

Let me know what model your system is and i can locate the correct page for you if you need.