Sign in with
Your question

Best gaming ram for i7 3770k

Last response: in Memory
February 24, 2013 2:18:27 PM

Hello, im going to build a high end gaming pc with i7 3770k can you please suggest me which is the best ram at a cost of approx. $ 250

More about : gaming ram 3770k

a b 4 Gaming
a c 104 } Memory
February 24, 2013 2:40:59 PM

There is very little difference in actual performance or fps with ram faster than 1600.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/4503/sandy-bridge-memory-...

No game I know of can use more than 2-3gb of ram. A 8gb kit is sufficient.
Considering that ram is so cheap, I would have no problem with a 16gb kit of 2 x 8gb.

You want documented ram compatibility. If you should ever have a problem, you want supported ram.
Otherwise, you risk a finger pointing battle between the ram and motherboard support sites, claiming "not my problem".
One place to check is your motherboards web site.
Look for the ram QVL list. It lists all of the ram kits that have been tested with that particular motherboard.
Sometimes the QVL list is not updated after the motherboard is released.
For more current info, go to a ram vendor's web site and access their ram selection configurator.
Enter your motherboard, and you will get a list of compatible ram kits.
While today's motherboards are more tolerant of different ram, it makes sense to buy ram that is known to work and is supported.

Tall heat spreaders are not necessary with 1.5v ram, and can interfere with many cpu coolers. Look for a low profile kit.

I might pick something like this at half your budget: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Lastly, the extra $100 or so paid for a 3770K over a 3570K is largely wasted. Few games use more than 2-3 cores, making the extra hyperthreads largely irrelevant.
Spend the $100 on a better graphics card.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b } Memory
February 24, 2013 3:33:38 PM

Just get a cheap set of 2x4GB 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24 from a reputable company (Corsair, G Skill, etc).

It. Just. Doesn't. Matter.
m
l
!